Husband just diagnosed so new to this

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh, it is dull. Not so cold but harder to stay cheerful. I like to light a candle on days like this. I think the official term for these weather conditions is 'anti-cyclonic gloom' - very apt.
xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello lubyloo

It does`t look as if you posted in the wrong place, you posted to support another member which is lovely for a first post.

I`m glad you`ve found your way now and have started your own Thread. It`s the best way of getting support for yourself and getting to `know` people.

I`m sorry your husband has had a diagnosis. You`ve found TP at the best time. My husband had been diagnosed for a year before I found TP and I was struggling.

So welcome from me too, in addition to the welcomes you have already received. :)

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Welcome lubyloo. I joined TP last year just after my husband had been diagnosed and it was the best thing that I did. I found it so helpful to be able to talk to other people who had been where I was at that time and who were really supportive and reassuring.

The feelings immediately after diagnosis can be overwhelming and I am sending you loads of virtual hugs. This is a lovely place where you can talk about how you are feeling and noone judges you and also where you can ask any question you want.

Take good care of yourself and you need to be able to try and stay strong

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh, it is dull. Not so cold but harder to stay cheerful. I like to light a candle on days like this. I think the official term for these weather conditions is 'anti-cyclonic gloom' - very apt.
xxx

Did smile at your cyclonic gloom ! We are off to the nature reserve , gotta give me wellies a try :) but wrapping up warm . Hopefully have some photos when we come back. If you haven't heard from us by afternoon sent rescue lol ;) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Did smile at your cyclonic gloom ! We are off to the nature reserve , gotta give me wellies a try :) but wrapping up warm . Hopefully have some photos when we come back. If you haven't heard from us by afternoon sent rescue lol ;) xxx

Smile at the word I mean not at you feeling gloomy bless xxx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire

WirelessPaul

Feb 10, 2012
Leeds
Hello:), Just ask anything you want explaining and the people here will only be too pleased to help with their thoughts, experience and advice.
Paul

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I love your name! It brings back memories of the song "here we go lubyloo". :) TP is a wonderful site, where you will get loads of support and advice, if you need it, and friendship.

I am a very good cyber cook, so I have made you a calorie-packed cyber cake, which I'm sending, along with a welcome bouquet, and the tipple of your choice. ;) xxx

lubyloo

Feb 9, 2015
Worc's
:)Thanks for the welcomes, much needed, husbands mood today seems grey like the weather. I can cope when he seems up but find it difficult when down. Is about to start new stronger patches, have collected from chemist but they are a different brand to the weaker ones and am a little apprehensive because I know different brands can have other effects (if I am making sense), so waiting reply from doc. from memory clinic. He is only just accepting it is AD all along has been saying everyone has memory problems, whoever you tell they say 'oh I'm just the same' so was convinced it was just an age thing. Anyway glad I have found you.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hey Lubyloo :)

Was just about to slope off to bed, but saw this and just thought I'd say hello and wish you a mammoth welcome.

Course, you're here because of your own situation. Please, always feel free to come here whenever you need a shoulder. I love this site. I've spent the last few months sharing certain situations with everyone and have had some fantastic advice. TP (Talking Point) is awesome for that, and is also great if you just need a natter.

Hope you find you can come here and make yourself at home, :)

plumbrite66

Apr 18, 2013
nz
:)Thanks for the welcomes, much needed, husbands mood today seems grey like the weather. I can cope when he seems up but find it difficult when down. Is about to start new stronger patches, have collected from chemist but they are a different brand to the weaker ones and am a little apprehensive because I know different brands can have other effects (if I am making sense), so waiting reply from doc. from memory clinic. He is only just accepting it is AD all along has been saying everyone has memory problems, whoever you tell they say 'oh I'm just the same' so was convinced it was just an age thing. Anyway glad I have found you.
Hi Sounds very like my wife diagnosed about 2 years ago,Nothing major yet just memory problems so at this stage I feel lucky as silly as that may sound, sounds as though we may be in a similar position,Great to be able to talk to you all the best and keep in touch this place is a great place to chat.