Husband just diagnosed so new to this

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by lubyloo, Feb 11, 2015.

1. lubyloo

lubyloo Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    Female
    Worc's
    New to using this site so just trying this out posted one but went to wrong place.

2. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Welcome to you :) you will find lots of support and advice on here as we are all one big family

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

3. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Like Chick said.
    Glad you found this place.
    Es
    x

4. chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Morning Es hope it's not as dull out where you are xx

5. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Oh, it is dull. Not so cold but harder to stay cheerful. I like to light a candle on days like this. I think the official term for these weather conditions is 'anti-cyclonic gloom' - very apt.
    xxx

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello lubyloo

It does`t look as if you posted in the wrong place, you posted to support another member which is lovely for a first post.

I`m glad you`ve found your way now and have started your own Thread. It`s the best way of getting support for yourself and getting to `know` people.

I`m sorry your husband has had a diagnosis. You`ve found TP at the best time. My husband had been diagnosed for a year before I found TP and I was struggling.

So welcome from me too, in addition to the welcomes you have already received. :)

7. Sammyjo1

Sammyjo1 Registered User

Jul 8, 2014
    Welcome lubyloo. I joined TP last year just after my husband had been diagnosed and it was the best thing that I did. I found it so helpful to be able to talk to other people who had been where I was at that time and who were really supportive and reassuring.

The feelings immediately after diagnosis can be overwhelming and I am sending you loads of virtual hugs. This is a lovely place where you can talk about how you are feeling and noone judges you and also where you can ask any question you want.

Take good care of yourself and you need to be able to try and stay strong

8. chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Did smile at your cyclonic gloom ! We are off to the nature reserve , gotta give me wellies a try :) but wrapping up warm . Hopefully have some photos when we come back. If you haven't heard from us by afternoon sent rescue lol ;) xxx

9. chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Smile at the word I mean not at you feeling gloomy bless xxx

10. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England

Hello and welcome from me too.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/faq.php?faq=resources#faq_resources_factsheets

Here is a link to our fact sheets. Lots to loo at and plenty of information. There is also lots of support and advice and friendship to be found from the members on he forum. Just ask and someone will be along to help.

Take care,

Jay

11. WirelessPaul

WirelessPaul Registered User

Feb 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Hello:), Just ask anything you want explaining and the people here will only be too pleased to help with their thoughts, experience and advice.
    Paul

12. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    I love your name! It brings back memories of the song "here we go lubyloo". :) TP is a wonderful site, where you will get loads of support and advice, if you need it, and friendship.

I am a very good cyber cook, so I have made you a calorie-packed cyber cake, which I'm sending, along with a welcome bouquet, and the tipple of your choice. ;) xxx

13. lubyloo

lubyloo Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    Female
    Worc's
    :)Thanks for the welcomes, much needed, husbands mood today seems grey like the weather. I can cope when he seems up but find it difficult when down. Is about to start new stronger patches, have collected from chemist but they are a different brand to the weaker ones and am a little apprehensive because I know different brands can have other effects (if I am making sense), so waiting reply from doc. from memory clinic. He is only just accepting it is AD all along has been saying everyone has memory problems, whoever you tell they say 'oh I'm just the same' so was convinced it was just an age thing. Anyway glad I have found you.

14. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Hey Lubyloo :)

Was just about to slope off to bed, but saw this and just thought I'd say hello and wish you a mammoth welcome.

Course, you're here because of your own situation. Please, always feel free to come here whenever you need a shoulder. I love this site. I've spent the last few months sharing certain situations with everyone and have had some fantastic advice. TP (Talking Point) is awesome for that, and is also great if you just need a natter.

Hope you find you can come here and make yourself at home, :)

15. plumbrite66

plumbrite66 Registered User

Apr 18, 2013
    nz
    Hi Sounds very like my wife diagnosed about 2 years ago,Nothing major yet just memory problems so at this stage I feel lucky as silly as that may sound, sounds as though we may be in a similar position,Great to be able to talk to you all the best and keep in touch this place is a great place to chat.