Hunt The Hearing Aids: Conclusion

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello everyone and sorry Elle I should have said 'Hunt The Hearins Aids: Conclusion'!

I visited dad today and noticed that he was still without hearing aids however the manageress and deputy manageress were there today and I asked if he could wear his spare hearing aids. Anyway they brought these out and admitted that they were going to have to phone the hospital because the original hearing aids had disappeared off the face of the earth! The staff have hunted everywhere to no avail proving that dad is too good at this game. Anyway he was pleased with the spare hearing aids, the other residents were pleased to see him with hearing aids and the manageress reminisced about the time when one resident put hearing aids down the toilet. I told the manageress about the time when dad took his hearing aids out before an appointment at the hospital audiology department!

Let's hope dad still has hearing aids when he goes for his operation on the 21st Sept to have his cataracts removed!

MaNaAk

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I'm glad your dad has spare aids, and I hope the audiology department can replace them pronto. I'd be completely stuffed if mine broke. Hope you dad's cataract operation goes well. I had mine done a few years back, but there was a horrible couple of months when I could neither hear or see very well.

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
So, well and truly lost then, at least he had spares. I'm surprised though that it took your intervention for the manager/deputy to get the spares out, it must have been frustrating for your dad, staff and the other residents for him to be without them for so long. Fingers crossed these don't go walkabout before his cataract operation and if so you have already managed to get more spares. Good luck with the cataract operation. Elle x

PS. Don't worry I found it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
So, well and truly lost then, at least he had spares. I'm surprised though that it took your intervention for the manager/deputy to get the spares out, it must have been frustrating for your dad, staff and the other residents for him to be without them for so long. Fingers crossed these don't go walkabout before his cataract operation and if so you have already managed to get more spares. Good luck with the cataract operation. Elle x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

Thankyou Elle!

I found that surprising as well. Also after sending the last message I had a visit from my brother who said that my insomnia problem (due to my thyroid) might be down to me not doing too much I was too dumbfounded to respond originally so I have responded with quite a long email!

I didn't realise that after finding the patience to deal dad and his illness I would have to find the patience to deal with my brothers. Let's see what the response will be especially to the bit where the relatives are expected to do the unpacking.

MaNaAk

PS: Thank goodness for my wonderful friends here!

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
Thankyou Elle!

I found that surprising as well. Also after sending the last message I had a visit from my brother who said that my insomnia problem (due to my thyroid) might be down to me not doing too much I was too dumbfounded to respond originally so I have responded with quite a long email!

I didn't realise that after finding the patience to deal dad and his illness I would have to find the patience to deal with my brothers. Let's see what the response will be especially to the bit where the relatives are expected to do the unpacking.

MaNaAk

PS: Thank goodness for my wonderful friends here!

Oh dear! I think some men don’t always think before they speak and need someone to point out to them how heartless they can be sometimes. I can understand you being dumbfounded, however if it had been me, I might have thumped him one. I hate to say it but words and reasoning don’t always work.

If it’s anything like my insomnia, it could also be down to doing too much and having too much to worry about, so your mind doesn’t switch off and by the sounds of it, having brothers like yours doesn’t help. I really am glad sometimes that I’m an only child.

Take care, hope you sleep ok tonight and try not to let your brothers words keep you awake.

Elle x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh dear! I think some men don’t always think before they speak and need someone to point out to them how heartless they can be sometimes. I can understand you being dumbfounded, however if it had been me, I might have thumped him one. I hate to say it but words and reasoning don’t always work.

If it’s anything like my insomnia, it could also be down to doing too much and having too much to worry about, so your mind doesn’t switch off and by the sounds of it, having brothers like yours doesn’t help. I really am glad sometimes that I’m an only child.

Take care, hope you sleep ok tonight and try not to let your brothers words keep you awake.

Elle x

Dear Elle,

I slept very well last night and I looked forward to opening my emails today to see what my brother had to say! He apologised and said that all he and his partner ever talk about is work and the bills and if there's anything I don't want him to talk about I should just tell him to be quiet. It is on the one hand good that they worry about me but it can be overbearing especially when they weren't all that worried about dad until things got worse. Anyway the email went into detail so he knows that I am still caring but from a distance.

I hope you sleep well tonight although I have to admit I am concerned about the bills but I know dad is safe. In terms of worrying about dad my insomnia was at it's worse before he was diagnosed and I knew he was going that way. I was concerned about his health, his money and going into care. Three years later he is in care, I am looking after his finances and property and I feel I am coming out the other end. Dad is very happy where he is just as I know your dad is safe and I hope happy where he is. We have climbed many mountains and now we deserve to relax a little bit. Maybe my brothers might offer a little more help but somehow I doubt this will come into action. It is best not to rely on invisibles. I also think you were right sometime ago when you suggested that my brother might be feeling guilty. I think this is very true because it is almost as if he is worrying about me as much as I worried about dad all those years ago except that it is now a bit late and he should have done this earlier.

MaNaAk