• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

HUBBY

AuntieGilly

Sep 7, 2020
Woken at silly o'clock this morning - hubby asking how he could get out of here so he could go home. Fortunately managed to reassure him he is actually at home. Think I may have to take the house keys to bed with me just in case.

Already have to take his medications to bed, as he got up in he middle of the night and took some meds that he should not take until evening the following day. Worrying.

On top of this he has peripheral vascular disease, bad heart, Reynolds and anaemia - plus other conditions. Do try to take him out but its difficult at present as the district nurses are coming every day to dress his necrosing foot. Never know what time they are coming, so difficult to make plans. Still we are having a nice day out at the hospital this coming week, for a heart scan. Hospitals appear to be our main form of entertainment at present. So sure I'm not alone in this but thought I'd have a little virtual moan.

Love to you all
Auntie Gilly xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I used to hide my husband`s medication even though I had problems getting him to take it. I also had an alert alarm on the front and back doors installed by social services.

You did well to persuade your hubby he was actually at home @AuntieGilly. I never managed to do that.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Wow that's a lot of things at once @AuntieGilly no wonder your main form of entertainment lately is hospitals 🤗 I hope all goes ok at hubbys scan 🤞
I used to keep mums tablets in a metal box with combination lock like a petty cash box. I told her the memory clinic said they had to be kept in a locked box. I used to give mum her tablets rather than let her get her own as she'd have been in a right muddle with them. That's a snazzy piece of kit @Weasell looks like a really useful device for someone who wants to do their own tablets.👍

AuntieGilly

Sep 7, 2020
Hi there - Yes I do give Hubby his tablets, as he wouldn't know where to start but for some reason, he decided to take the wrong ones. will definitely continue to hide then on a night. The metal box sounds like a plan, as I can keep the key and need not hide the whole lot. The alarm system is a good idea too. Not sure how to go about getting one - do I just contact Social Services?

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Mum had door sensors and a fall panic button wrist strap installed via our council. She was referred by the memory clinic but I think you can contact them yourself and also arrange it. Mums costs about £22 a month. Have a look on your local council website under adult care or care of the elderly and there'll probably be some info and contact details or just google lifeline alarm or telecare alarm with your town and the details will probably be there, I think there are a few companies other than councils who do them. You can choose the times the sensors are active and if the door is opened during that time the control box which is linked to your phone socket will speak to them asking f they are ok. If they don't get an answer they will ring the numbers they've been given on installation, first the house and then any other numbers. I gave them my numbers and my sisters. If they don't get an answer off anyone or no one is available to check person is ok they will send a responder out to check and or call emergency services if needed.
Alternatively if you are home and want to just be able to hear yourself if your hubby opens a door you can get battery operated door and window alarms that make a noise when the door is opened. They are quite cheap and available from places like amazon. My mum had one on her back door for years pre alzheimers, and before she had the council lifeline one, so she could hear if anyone came in back door when she was in another room and also in case anyone came in during the night.