Hubby and his dad.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Hello all ,

Hope you all good people are getting through this next stage. I'm sort of need of advice. Hubby's dad died a month ago. He had been estranged due to divorce for about 30yrs. The last 10-15 he had got back in contact and healed some wounds. Things were good for him. He now feels abandoned again and angry. I try to give him space, be there when needed, but I don't know. I wasn't especially close to FIL, but he was a lovely man. always nice to me. I know all I can do for hubby is be there. He is in a fug and has dropped the ball and finding it really hard. I'm not much better worrying about mum and end stage dementia and weight loss at 94yrs.

Any ideas how i can help? We are keeping wine companies in business at the moment- I know not good. Just as well we both stopped smoking a few years ago!!

Thanks , Sue

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear this. I don't know what to suggest, since you know your husband best, but if it were me, I'd think about distracting him a little - watching films he'd like, going on a holiday or a day trip, or are there games or other things you'd enjoy doing together?

I hope you find something. It sounds like a very painful form of limbo. Best wishes to you both. xx

Pacucho

Hello Sue,

Sorry to read about you and your hubby's situation. Another idea to consider is whether you think he would be willing to seek some form of bereavement counselling. You may find some local charities may offer this and/or get him to speak to his GP.
Hope this helps,

Paco