howling at the moon

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
Ok, that's me letting off steam ... It's 12:30 am and my mum's sat up waiting for Paul (her son, that's me) to come home.

I keep on telling her that I'm Paul and that I'm already home, she's say OK then goes on to tell me what a telling off she's going to give Paul when he comes home...

I think it could be a long night :eek:

Paul

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Paul, how dare you go out without telling yourself! Young people today (shakes head). Actually, wouldn't it be neat if you could be in 2 places at once? That would make being a carer a bit easier.

Jennifer

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
jenniferpa said:
Paul, how dare you go out without telling yourself! Young people today (shakes head). Actually, wouldn't it be neat if you could be in 2 places at once? That would make being a carer a bit easier.

Jennifer

What a great idea, one of the places I'd be would be in bed .... :)

My mum's fell asleep so with a little luck I might get a rest now .......YEAH !!!!

Paul

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
Morning ..

Ok, I've been told off for going out :) .. So maybe that'll be the end of it, but you never know with AD....

Right I'm off to ebay to buy some sleep ;)

Thanks for listening,

Paul

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Paul
Did you manage to get any sleep?

I'm supposed to be off to a wedding today.....one of my sons I believe......not Tom (17)....so that leaves James (11).....evidently his fiancees such a nice girl:confused:
Love
xx

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
mel said:
Hi Paul
Did you manage to get any sleep?

I'm supposed to be off to a wedding today.....one of my sons I believe......not Tom (17)....so that leaves James (11).....evidently his fiancees such a nice girl:confused:
Love
xx

I had about 2 hours sleep (maybe that's why my legs won't work today :) ).

Good luck with the wedding, I hope your son gets back from his honeymoon in time for the start of the new school year :eek:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Paul, if you go without sleep for long enough, you'll think you're two (or more) people anyway, so that's all right.

Jennifer

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Next time it happens Paul, why don`t you tell your Mother to go to sleep and you`ll wait up for Paul. You can always wake her when he finally gets home.
Grannie G

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Well Paul, now you know your Mum loves you or she wouldn't worry about you, but next time, try ringing her and letting her know where you are!

Kathleen

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
Grannie G said:
Next time it happens Paul, why don`t you tell your Mother to go to sleep and you`ll wait up for Paul. You can always wake her when he finally gets home.
Grannie G

I tried that one but she wouldn't settle in bed. She'd go to bed but get out again in under 5 minutes ..

BillieJay

Aug 31, 2006
I'm sure you've tried it but.....go to 'make a cup of tea', nip out the back door and come in by the front door with your coat on (and your shirt hanging out of your trousers and your tie undone - might as well look like you deserve a telling off ;) )

Hope you get some sleep tonight

BJx

Dramatist

Sep 1, 2006
Rye, East Sussex
Paul,

I am sorry folks think that this is a joke. It is not! You are not alone. I've been there, done thast and bought the Tee Shirt. You have my love and sympathy.
Jonathan.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Jonathan,
None of us underestimate Paul's anguish; we sympathise with him totally. The thing is, at times it is only through humour that the situation becomes bearable. So, people are laughing with Paul, not treating it as a joke.
Love Helen

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No, well sometimes the laughter's closer to hysteria than anything else. This isn't the first time Paul's posted regarding his Mother's reluctance to go to bed - sometimes you have to just laugh to avoid crying like a baby.

Jennifer

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
jenniferpa said:
No, well sometimes the laughter's closer to hysteria than anything else. This isn't the first time Paul's posted regarding his Mother's reluctance to go to bed - sometimes you have to just laugh to avoid crying like a baby.

Jennifer

Jennifer's right Jonathan, If I hadn't have laughed I would have been in a heap on the floor crying my eyes out.

It's a question of finding a way of coping with the stress, posting messages on here when I'm being driven to distraction usually helps me to de-stress and get through the bad times. It helps to share these things with people who understand what you're going through........ I don't know how it works but it's kinda like getting a great, big virtual hug when you most need it . :D

Paul

Last edited:

bernie

Jul 28, 2005
south london
this reminds me of when I would take mum out to visit friends, she would tell them that she had to be going because bernard will be wondering where she was, I'm bernard and was sitting next to her.

I think it was her mind thinking back to when she was much younger, she remembered me from about twenty years earlier. It also reminds me of a bit earlir when I would come home and she would say "one man home". I don't know who else she was expecting as it was just the two of us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513