How to handle repetitive questions

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yeah, @spandit , its not always easy is it? It the unrelenting nature of it all. Things that would be fine if it were only for a couple of hours, or there was someone else to break up the time, become unbearable all day, every day. I ended up shouting at OH today. I feel terrible now, but it seems to have just passed him by.

spandit

Feb 11, 2020
Yeah, @spandit , its not always easy is it? It the unrelenting nature of it all. Things that would be fine if it were only for a couple of hours, or there was someone else to break up the time, become unbearable all day, every day. I ended up shouting at OH today. I feel terrible now, but it seems to have just passed him by.

Had another dreadful night - up several times trying to get him back into bed. He's just sleeping all day but I can bet that as soon as his carer goes he'll be awake and demanding again. Don't feel terrible @canary, it's natural to feel angry and frustrated. We're all looking for someone to blame but sadly that's not the case and pent up tensions inevitably release, generally when you're with the person you're with the most. Look up "stamp collecting"

Ramblingrose

Feb 2, 2020
Further to my earlier post I want to say that my mother's questioning and commenting has become worse. Literally seconds after being given an answer the same question is asked again. All day long!! Sorry, apart from when she nods off for a minute or two. We have tried all sorts of tactics but she can be so demanding.