• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

How to Get a Diagnosis for Dad?


Registered User
Jul 6, 2015
Yes you are right, you do need to talk to the GP direct.
Has your mother ever had a "daily/weekly" help with housework or gardening either now or in the past?
This may be a way of reintroducing help.
If you don't already have Power of Attorney, now would be a good time to try and get it, for both parents, both Health & welfare, and Financial.

Hi Bod,

Yes, I set up daily carers for them last year. Mum cancelled them because they stressed her out. She is adamant that she doesn't want them back. The Community carer, me and yesterday one of her local practice GPs have tried to convince her, but she is having none of it.

I've already got both types of POA for both parents.

It's become a waiting game. Waiting till some disaster happens and it's all taken out of her hands.