How to deal with stubbornness?!

carpe diem

Nov 16, 2011
Bristol
Hi, I have found all your posts really useful, thank you everyone.
I have to take my mum to the dental hospital on Monday to have 2 teeth out and I'm going to put into practise all your suggestions for persuasion.
Six weeks ago mum ended up in hospital with sepsis after having 2 teeth out, she then wandered off the ward and was found in the car park. Mum will most likely have forgotten about that, so some clouds do have silver linings.
I did read a thread where one carer eventually persuaded her mum to bath by asking her how often she thought it was necessary to bath, her mum aswered "once a week" and when the daugther told her she had not had a bath in 4 weeks, she was shocked and complied.
Please keep the pesuasions/stratagies coming in, I'm sure it's an area we all struggle with, especailly teeth and washing,

ktnic

Oct 23, 2013
Lancashire
thank you

I have only just become a member of talking point. Although I have been supporting the society for 5 years now. My dad died of vascular dementia 4 years ago. A gentle kind man much missed. My mum, although not professionally diagnosed is exhibiting signs od dementia. She can be nasty, unreasonable et etc. I am getting to the end of my tether, but reading these forums helps. I am not alone and will draw strength - I hope!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA