How to cope with Alzheimer's and Grief

Moominn

Sep 14, 2015
My mum has dementia and my dad has just died from pancreatic cancer. My mum is struggling to cope with who exactly has died and thinks that it is various relatives including her parents.

Any ideas who I can help?

(Apologies for posting in the wrong area).

Last edited:

mrs mcgonnagal

May 9, 2015
I am sorry to hear your sad news, and while I have no answer really I just wanted to say my poor mam is going through the same. Everyone's different, I suppose and we all grieve in different ways, my mam knew something terrible had happened, and has suffered badly with anxiety. It's been hard to cope with, but we have tried to support her best we could.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Moomin and Mrs M. Very sorry that you are having to cope with your own grief and your mums' in this way. I don't have much in the way of advice but my oh's mother died recently. I have a feeling he doesn't remember in between times but when something brings it to his attention he is very upset. I try not to say anything which will bring it to his attention but just try to be led by how he is.
Not much help for you really as everyone is different in how this disease affects them. Mybe other people will be more helpful. I hope you can find your way through as well as possible
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx