How to become a financial appointee

Melonie

Jul 3, 2020
Good afternoon,
My mum in-law has vascular dementia, her son my fiance wants to see if he can be her F.A., I just wondered if anyone knows how to do this? I have looked on the web and have been told by one place to contact the DWP, but I can't find the correct contact number, she does receive attendance allowance. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Mel

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Good afternoon,
My mum in-law has vascular dementia, her son my fiance wants to see if he can be her F.A., I just wondered if anyone knows how to do this? I have looked on the web and have been told by one place to contact the DWP, but I can't find the correct contact number, she does receive attendance allowance. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Mel
You may need to read up on getting a Lasting Power of Attorney. These are regulated by a government agency called the Office of the Public Guardian. Their website provides the details.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My mum in-law has vascular dementia, her son my fiance wants to see if he can be her F.A.,
Is this what you are looking for?

Please note that it is only for DWP benefits, it doesnt give authority over bank accounts, utilities or any other financial matters

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I looked into this but found out that if you get power of attorney you don't need to become an appontee and the POA has much greater usefulness.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger