How time flies!

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
its a while since I posted hope everyone is as well as can be❤️

I have had swallowing problems for a while,but tonight it has been worse than usual in fact most things seem to be getting worse much quicker than what was usual.
My bowel difficulty, I seem to get on top of it and then the meds don’t work as well as they did.
I adjust and just cope best I can.
Sight wise the same,but more about spacial awareness really.
Memory also although I am still very aware of what is going on, I don’t see many people so listen to the radio quite a bit,but I am no longer recognising what were familiar voices, ie David Attenborough is the latest this week!
The reason I possibly seem a little blasé perhaps too some, is simply because I will be 78 next February so have been more accepting maybe than someone much younger since my diagnosis 4yrs ago and I am physically quite disabled, but I use a wheelchair to garden and it’s been my daughter and my garden that have kept me going.
EBIXA has been a godsend, not easy to begin with,but now feel I am going back those 4yrs to how I was and worse now! There is nothing else I can take!
I go to memory clinic after Christmas and afraid they may take me off it if they think it’s no longer working!
On the whole I have not been afraid and told myself I would take stock after Christmas so trying too hang on for a bit longer.
I must add that I have remained around my 30/40s in my head and simply don’t think in the way many people of my age do! And don’t intend to start now.
I am though someone who needs to know what’s ahead and will cope best I can what ever the problem may be,but now quite frightened of what is ahead❤️

Hopeful123

Oct 24, 2015
West yorks

I have had swallowing problems for a while,but tonight it has been worse than usual in fact most things seem to be getting worse much quicker than what was usual.
My bowel difficulty, I seem to get on top of it and then the meds don’t work as well as they did.
Memory also although I am still very aware of what is going on, I don’t see many people so listen to the radio quite a bit,but I am no longer recognising what were familiar voices, ie David Attenborough is the latest this week!
The reason I possibly seem a little blasé perhaps too some, is simply because I will be 78 next February so have been more accepting maybe than someone much younger since my diagnosis 4yrs ago and I am physically quite disabled, but I use a wheelchair to garden and it’s been my daughter and my garden that have kept me going.
EBIXA has been a godsend, not easy to begin with,but now feel I am going back those 4yrs to how I was and worse now! There is nothing else I can take!
I go to memory clinic after Christmas and afraid they may take me off it if they think it’s no longer working!
On the whole I have not been afraid and told myself I would take stock after Christmas so trying too hang on for a bit longer.
I must add that I have remained around my 30/40s in my head and simply don’t think in the way many people of my age do! And don’t intend to start now.
I am though someone who needs to know what’s ahead and will cope best I can what ever the problem may be,but now quite frightened of what is ahead❤️
Hello jeanie73. I have not read any of your previous postings, fairly new to this. You come across as a very brave person. I know what you mean when you say you feel 30/40, this is good, who wants to feel old? I'm 75 next month, taking care of my husband for the last 7/8 years and still feel around the 40 mark. I feel for you about your feelings for the future and do hope you can find help to keep enjoying life despite all that's going on. Your daughter sounds a real gem, you are very lucky in that respect as I'm sure you know. Please take care and post on here to get things off your chest, there's always someone around to listen

dbrilyant

Sep 14, 2014

Daughters are a blessing!

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Hallo, @Jeanie 73 . If you feel Ebixa has helped you in the past, even though not so much now, insist on it continuing when you see the doctor. You may just be going through a bad patch. Hope you had a good Christmas and are feeling all right at the moment.