How someone feels

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Someone posted this on my Facebook today and it made me think...again. I really value all those with memory loss who post on TP they always make me think and review so many things

I want to share this and I think it would be useful if it was shared elsewhere too - so often people 'outside' don't realise how narrow lives become and how little time it takes to make people feel better and feel valued and it that ain't what life's about I don't know what is

https://www.facebook.com/mbst.beamer/videos/vb.100000011925770/1094756843868036/?type=2&theater

DMac

Jul 18, 2015
Surrey, UK
Someone posted this on my Facebook today and it made me think...again. I really value all those with memory loss who post on TP they always make me think and review so many things

I want to share this and I think it would be useful if it was shared elsewhere too - so often people 'outside' don't realise how narrow lives become and how little time it takes to make people feel better and feel valued and it that ain't what life's about I don't know what is

https://www.facebook.com/mbst.beamer/videos/vb.100000011925770/1094756843868036/?type=2&theater

Thank you fizzie. It's so true, we don't take enough time to talk to the PERSON and see the PERSON, not the disease. It made me cry.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
He speaks for us all really Fizzie, sometimes on TP when I post in a bad phase I feel some people don't respond because they don't know what to say, but just saying something 'normal' helps as people have helped me on here very much through many bad phases, I am still in the midst of them when they are happening. When I come through them, as I have now, I speak to my friend who also suffers and apologise if I have said or done anything to her I shouldn't have, she understands and says 'I know its not you', she knows me and I know her. Likewise I say the same to those here, apologies if I have said anything untoward, it really is the disease talking and not me, if I have:eek::)

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Thank you for posting that Sue, I've learned a lot from you. It must be really tough posting when things are going badly. I can't imagine how it must feel to lose reference points and everything that you share with us really helps xx

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Sue I'm one of the people who often doesn't comment on posts when I just don't think I have anything helpful to say (and my internet connection isn't great so I get logged out!). Just wanted to say how often I have found you posts helpful and I think it is very generous of you to post so often when it must be challenging for you at times.

Hope 2016 has more good days than bad days for you.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sue I'm one of the people who often doesn't comment on posts when I just don't think I have anything helpful to say (and my internet connection isn't great so I get logged out!). Just wanted to say how often I have found you posts helpful and I think it is very generous of you to post so often when it must be challenging for you at times.

Hope 2016 has more good days than bad days for you.

Thanks Gigglemore, just reading your name makes e do that:D and it's always good to do that:) Life is challenging for us all and its made a little easier by those who understand just how challenging it is sometimes and support us in it, so thanksx

Wish everyone more good days than bad for 2016, I could really manage then, I am thankful just for the brief moments sometimes, mercies may be small sometimes but they are still mercies and for them I'm thankful.:)xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976