How much do you eat mandarine orange fruits?

Anklepain

Mar 16, 2022
Hi,
How much do you or your loved one with dementia eats mandarine oranges?

I have noticed 3 times that my memory have improved and my speech has sharpened after eating mandarine oranges. Sure, this can be coincidence. Im not making any conclusion yet.

There is one study about citrus fruits preventing and improves dementia but this source is not reliable on my opinion. Sure it would not do any harm by eating mandarine orange fruits. I hope this would be solution for me.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome to Talking Point @Anklepain. I can't say I've heard or read anything about fruit improving dementia, but certainly keeping hydrated will keep you healthier and sharper. It's a good to get fluid in, so can't hurt.

Anklepain

Mar 16, 2022
Thanks for your reply. Right now I don't need any information from books, research, internet or even from doctors anymore. I have got that informaation more than enought.

I just want the information directly from you. From your own experience. From your own diet and lifes style. From all of you in this forum. The question is: Do you have demetia and how much do you have been eating mandarine orange fruits in your whole life? How about citrus fruits? Thanks.

Anklepain

Mar 16, 2022
Thanks for aswering Jessbow. To specify my question little bit, I woud like to kone how much do you eat or have been eating clementines on your whole life? How much in a week? Month? year?

The idea is to find out is there any correlation between eating citrus fruits and preventing dementia.

And If you guys don't have dementia but you know someone with dementia. Do you know If they have included citrus fruits on their diet and how much in their whole life. Thanks.

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
Hi @Anklepain, mum ate at least 2 citrus fruits and other fruits daily all her life. MIL rarely ate fruit or even veg. They both have alzheimers. Mums started much later but she has deteriorated more in 3 years than MIL has in 12.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
So is it manderines, or are regular navels okay?
dad ate lots of grapefruit, he didnt get dementia of any type,

If they dont help with dementia, they will sure help the bowels! Bonus!

Last edited:

Anklepain

Mar 16, 2022
Thank you silkiest and Jessbow. These kind of answers im looking for!

Can I ask you silkiest, what kind of citrus fruits your mum ates alot? Orange, klement, lemon, lime or something elses?

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. You only have anecdotal evidence . There is some research from 2019 suggesting that nobelitin (which is a polymethoxylate flavone) may improve cognition. However, this has only been tested on animals, is only found in citrus peel and there remains no treatment available. Peel is hard to digest, usually covered in chemicals and contains unknown quantities of nobelitin.

However, if eating the flesh of fruit makes you feel better, then go with it. You will certainly have regular bowel movements.

I think the concept/diagnosis of dementia makes many clutch at straws.

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
Hi @Anklepain, mum eats a variety but they clearly have not slowed the progression of her dementia. MIL who eats no fruit has a very slow progression. I think its all genetic.

Erion Zane

Jan 27, 2023
I hate citrus fruits. You mentioned that oranges sharpened your memory. Well, I believe some other products or meds catalyzed improvements.

Pejic

Jul 2, 2022
Because we are all different: different histories, different genomes possibly even different causes for our dementia, the only way these sorts of questions can be answered is by a massive analysis of all the medical records available to try and determine common backgrounds , classes or specifics of treatment and outcomes in terms of onset and velocity of progress.
These are expensive with little benefit to drug companies so they don't get done.
There are some of these studies (none that I know of involving dementia, despite my efforts) being undertaken by universities with medical schools, and hopefully eventually they might prove their worth and provide some tools for others to be undertaken.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
eat vat least 3 mandrians or 3 oranges per day, have done for years, now still living with dementia after 14 years so??? who knows xxx