How many of us manage to keep a job going?

Ruth1974

Dec 26, 2018
My OH has younger onset . I am working full time and bringing 2 kids up. I worry that if i finally succumb to stress /depression i will be stuck at home with him 24/7 which would finish me off!

I work from home a bit but i need to have s structure (and pay the bills). When i am out, he phones me every 5 mins or so, but i only respond at lunchtime. When i have responded on demand, as you all know, i have just had the same discussion on a loop...

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
My OH has younger onset . I am working full time and bringing 2 kids up. I worry that if i finally succumb to stress /depression i will be stuck at home with him 24/7 which would finish me off!

I work from home a bit but i need to have s structure (and pay the bills). When i am out, he phones me every 5 mins or so, but i only respond at lunchtime. When i have responded on demand, as you all know, i have just had the same discussion on a loop...
It is really difficult.Especially when the PWD is young.My Dad is 86.It might sound selfish but I will only do so much..

Emac

Mar 2, 2013
Oh bless you, to be honest I blunder my way through life, apologising a lot for standing on toes, & just laughing at myself a lot! I think I’m just like” Dory “in “Finding Nemo “( a story about fish! It’s a Pixar film!)
“Just keep swimming “ a little ditty that Dory’s character sings ... how apt for a fish!
Never underestimate the wisdom of Disney! Or in this case Pixar! :D:D:D

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018

My goodness Ruth1974 I do feel for you, terrible to have young onset, I just can't imagine how you manage. My partner is driving me potty and I just work 3 days and the children (his and mine) are all grown up. You are really going to need some help with the caring. There is a new drug that may be effective, let's hope it's available soon and works for your OH, too late for mine as they need to catch it early.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019

I really can’t imagine how you must feel. I’m in awe & admiration of you.
sending you & your loved ones best wishes & hugs
X

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@Emac I love a Pixar film, my Mum also finds some animation easier to follow - Shaun the sheep it’s a short tv program so that’s a big hit!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
You should do an ebay shop.Im not up your way but I do love Arts and Crafts

I would love to but I am struggling just to supply enough to sell myself at the moment. Christmas is my busy time & recent years have meant I have less time to create & be in the right headspace to create.
If I don’t make it I can’t sell it!
Catch 22 a bit at times.

Going to have to be a bit selfish over the next few weeks as otherwise I will have to wind up my business. I have thought about it but without that I’d have no social contact at all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa