How long does a Carers assessment last for?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
12 months ago when I was going through hell with P having a serious UTI and in hospital for 5 weeks I had a carers assessment but now after a long slow partial recovery she is a lot better. However, I am contemplating getting a ‘friending’ service in so I can go on holiday, so will I need to be reassessed?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Only way to find out is to ask for help whilst you take a well earned break and see what they say.

DennyD

Dec 6, 2016
Porthcawl, South Wales
I understand it depends who will be providing the service. Eg for me it would not be needed. I could ask for a re-assessment but this would be taken in the context of arranging services from my local authority and would not be relevant to me arranging services via private providers, unless it involved financial support that I was looking for. As for a my local befriending provider, they offered to complete their own assessment. The last one I had done with the provider was very straightforward, we discussed the original local authority assessment and this gave them some back ground info. The matching of the befriender based on their own assessment worked out well.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I understand it depends who will be providing the service. Eg for me it would not be needed. I could ask for a re-assessment but this would be taken in the context of arranging services from my local authority and would not be relevant to me arranging services via private providers, unless it involved financial support that I was looking for. As for a my local befriending provider, they offered to complete their own assessment. The last one I had done with the provider was very straightforward, we discussed the original local authority assessment and this gave them some back ground info. The matching of the befriender based on their own assessment worked out well.
Thank you, it would be at our expense so I will have a look round for a suitable and hopefully recommended company