How long before refund of fees?

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
Hello everone,

My Dad is now, for the moment, in receipt of full funding NHS/CHC. A total refief after months of fighting his case.

Also, the powers that be have agreed, that again after a long battle, he should have been funded for the past twelve months. My question is how long will we have to wait for Dad to be reimbursed? It's only been 3 weeks since they informed us of their decision, but even now I find it hard to trust them after all the delaying/off-putting tactics and downright lies.

Would appreciate anyones elses experience with retrospective funding.

Jane.

WILLIAMR

Account Closed
Apr 12, 2014
Hello everone,

My Dad is now, for the moment, in receipt of full funding NHS/CHC. A total refief after months of fighting his case.

Also, the powers that be have agreed, that again after a long battle, he should have been funded for the past twelve months. My question is how long will we have to wait for Dad to be reimbursed? It's only been 3 weeks since they informed us of their decision, but even now I find it hard to trust them after all the delaying/off-putting tactics and downright lies.

Would appreciate anyones elses experience with retrospective funding.

Jane.

http://www.beaconchc.co.uk/

It may be worth contacting the above mentioned people for advice.
Have you got it in writing the funding would be paid for the last 12 months?.

I have lost contact with the person but he said after about a year he phoned them about 4 times a day and after about 2 weeks he got an answer that the cheque had been written but had to be countersigned but the signatory was on leave.
He just kept on phoning and the cheque came through the door about a week later.

William

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
Thank you William and Peggy for your response.

Dad has been in receipt of CHC funding now for two months following a DST in Oct 2014.

I have been appealing the refusal of funding from the original DST in Oct 2013, and after hours of work on my part, alot of blood, sweat and tears and a local resolution meeting prior to my going forward to an Independent Review Panel, they finally agreed Dad should have been funded all along. I had a phone call first of all and then got it in writing just over three weeks ago.

I have just written to them today to ask how long it might be before Dad is reimbursed.

Since starting this whole process I have never ceased to be amazed at the total ineptitude of so called professionals. Like others on TP I have had to learn the hard way, but I do thank my fellow TPers for their support and advice. Many have been willing me on.

I also had help from my MP who gave the CCG a much needed nudge as I was being ignored by them. Also the Beacon organisation sent me a whole load of valuable easy to follow information which was such a help to me particularly at appeal stage.

I do know that I have been lucky because the whole system is flawed and complex. I do know that my Dad deserves this funding. And, I do know that many are fighting for their loved ones and the pressure of this can be all too much. I am not an expert, I just had to do it for my Dad. If I can help in anyway I am always checking in on hear so please give me a shout - or scream!

Jane x

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
We are waiting for refund from April 2014.

Hi Ladybird,

Gosh what a long time you have been waiting! Have you been badgering them as to why the holdup? I have just sent a letter off to the CCG today and I've only been waiting 3 weeks, and if I don't hear from them by this time next week I will phone them.

I'm afraid I'm used to this I have HAD to be a complete pain in the you know what to get them to respond. Sometimes I just sat with my head in my hands thinking 'what the hell do I have to do next'. I hated being a nuisance as I saw it to begin with but after their lack of courtesy or empathy I got tough. Doesn't always work I know and a few times I thought I might have put their backs up, but dammit it's their job.

I'll let you know if/when I hear anything.

Jane

WILLIAMR

Account Closed
Apr 12, 2014
We are waiting for refund from April 2014.

Have you tried writing to you MP?.
Going back about 30 years I witnessed a coach accident in Scotland and I had to go to Scotland as a witness.
I was standing out on about £200 8 months after the case.
I contacted the coach insurance company and they advised me they paid the money in to the court about 3 weeks after the case.
I wrote to the court but got no response.
I then contacted my MP and he complained on my behalf.
About a week later he got a letter addressed to him saying there had been an administration error.
The cheque was sent to him but I was the payee.
I was phoned by his secretary and I got the cheque the next day with a copy of the letter addressed to him.
It did not contain any apology.

William

Ladybird23

Feb 28, 2014
The Care Home originally applied to have the NFC for us in April 2014, and I badgered the CH for the answer. To cut a along story short I had to get a copy of a letter sent to me which got lost in the post in December, and it clearly states that the NFC will be back dated to April 2014, so I have contacted the CH about how they intend to take this amount off my fathers monthly bill this week. I am still waiting..........To make me even more angry they forgot to take off the Annuity they receive for my fathers care. The bill has been sent back stating that we need to have invoices correctly done as my Hubby is POA and this is required by Law to make sure my father has his account correctly administered. I await the answer.

Then to cap it all my Dad is on end of care plan, so we can do without this. The care given to my Dad is outstanding so cannot complain there at all. They care staff are so lovely,:) but oh dear the admin side.............:(

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. After chasing up my Dads refund of care home fees from the CCG with a letter from me at the begining of last week, they have replied straight away and told me that the details have been passed on to their financial dept. for calculation and they will then issue a cheque to my Dad.

Hopefully that won't be too long as I have been reading that some have been waiting years for reimbursement.

I'll keep you posted.

Jane

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
At last......

.....I gave the CCG another 8 days or so and because I am about to go into hospital next week I felt I needed to shove them along a bit so I wrote again to ask what was happenining, why the delay etc. This morning I got a letter from the Finance dept. to say that Dad would get a cheque within the next 2 weeks for 12 months worth of CH fees with interest.

Tears again folks, sorry I am not a wuss, it is a combination of relief, rage, anger, sorrow. I could go on. I am not telling you this in a celebratery way, I just want to say that if you are, as I was, struggling, please keep at it if you can, and if you truly believe you are right to fight.

I only cried because I can't tell my Dad the good news.

Jane x