How little it takes

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I have read on TP often about what a roller coaster dementia can be for all concerned. This has certainly been true for me recently as I have been very down and prone to tears at the drop of a kind word. Not my usual persona at all.

Today for the first time I got my two hours cover from the volunteer service in Glasgow. I had a 30 minute swim doing lengths as fast as my 70 year old frame would allow then hightailed it to the supermarket for my Guardian and some crispy bread, olives and tuna. John can have fish and chips at the local pub tonight!

Blue sky and light snow showers on the way home and I felt like a million dollars by the time I got back. John and the delightful young chap - all 6 ft 3 of him were chatting away.

It may seem nothing much to those with a normal social life but believe me I appreciate this greatly.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello marionq how lovely to have a few hours free time, l have 3hrs a week its like a breath of fresh air, good for you. ♡♡♡♡

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hi marionq glad you had a great time. I suppose I am lucky I get three days a week where I can have three hours to myself. How refreshing it is to have time to yourself and go back refreshed for what lies ahead.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I couldn't do my caring role without the day centre and the sitting service. They are a lifeline.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
I bet that has done you a power of good Mariong. Try to keep those positive feelings until next time. Thinking of you WIFE

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Well done Marionq - glad you enjoyed your "me" time. I get three hours once a week and certainly look forward to that. Your mention of swimming has got me thinking of getting a new cozzy and giving it a go.