How Does Everyone Feel About The Spread Of Covid At The Moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering how you feel about the spread of Covid at the moment and should all the rules have been relaxed?

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
its worrying that even people that have been double vaccinated are still catching covid, maybe not so bad and not dying in the numbers. why are they thinking of doing vaccination passports for nightclubs and football matches in september/ october? whats the point in that? yes we need to open up but its too many steps at the same time. and things are still being postponed until its safer. it would help if they stopped changing the rules, people are so confused they seem to have given up following anything

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Well the change of rules hasn't really affected us much, we don't go out a lot but tonight I did go to a pub for a monthly car club meeting and it was fine although only five of us turned up. As for the numbers I am guessing that it is probably mostly young people getting it including school children. It seems that the numbers went down today but that is normal after a weekend. Hopefully the numbers will not rocket skyward over the next week or so, I hope not but because I am fed up with it all now and want to have some kind of life to look forward to and I need to get off that flipping sofa more often.

I don't want to go to a night club but I am going to a small musical event in October and I am looking forward to it.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
There is a gap in the vaccination of young people which is an issue in our family. Young people over 18 can be vaccinated readily and if travelling those under 16 do not need to produce evidence of vacccination - 17 year olds have fallen through the gap. My daughter has just had to cancel a trip to Iceland for the second time as her son is 17.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Obviously everyone has different views and opinions including those with a dementia diagnoses

in regard to covid-19 I did have the vaccinations mainly because of my health issues and I’m well past my 3 score years and 10 :eek::p But if I was younger I definitely would Not have had the vaccination

because now way would I trust the scientists diffidently not bureaucrats :mad: my daughter Son-in-law and grandson haven’t been vaccinated and don’t want it that hasn’t bothered me or my wife we see them every day plus at the age of 78+ I know time is running out so I’m not wasting it worry about covid. :):cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
The vaccination programme has been going well - I think it's 70-odd per cent fully jabbed now. However, we have to consider the unvaccinated 30%. So far we've been working through the vulnerable and down through the ages - it seems like only a matter of time until we get everyone done.... But that's not going to happen!

From the remaining population of unvaccinated folks, I wonder how many would fall into the category of 'still waiting' and how many are in the 'no way am I having it' camp? Sooner or later we will reach the point where everyone who wants a jab will have had them, then and only then will we know the real number of 'anti-vaxxers'. This varies enormously from country to country - here the numbers are fairly low but I know that in France, for example, far more people will not have the jab.

@MaNaAk I have no idea how things will go, but case numbers have actually been falling for 6 days now...

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Fact- Covid figures double each week in the West Country
Fact- Unlocking too early means mutations will become vaccine resistant
Fact- more folks feel entitled to a holiday than worry about covid

how do I feel … fed up & wanting to move to an uninhabited island away from the naysayers & those who don’t understand basic biology.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
where i live, they are rising to the point that the mayors tea has been postponed because of the rising cases and increase risk of people meeting of which i was invited. even with double vaccines, they are still catching it so although better not fullproof by any means

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Obviously everyone has different views and opinions including those with a dementia diagnoses

in regard to covid-19 I did have the vaccinations mainly because of my health issues and I’m well past my 3 score years and 10 :eek::p But if I was younger I definitely would Not have had the vaccination

because now way would I trust the scientists diffidently not bureaucrats :mad: my daughter Son-in-law and grandson haven’t been vaccinated and don’t want it that hasn’t bothered me or my wife we see them every day plus at the age of 78+ I know time is running out so I’m not wasting it worry about covid. :):cool:
Everyone has a choice but please believe that scientists are not part of a conspiracy theory & medical history proves that vaccinations save lives

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I work at a vaccine centre The take up of Vaccines of the under 40's is not what we'd hoped.

Older generation, great, younger not so much so.

We suddenly have an influx of people wanting a second jab earlier than reccomended because they want to go away. Sorry No can do. So yes, its does seem more about holidays for the youngsters ( And I may I also say without prejudice, predominately non natives, mstly eastern Europeans that want second dose early)

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Everyone has a choice but please believe that scientists are not part of a conspiracy theory & medical history proves that vaccinations save lives
People are entitled to think whatever they want and I only have one life to live so I'm going to live my life without worrying about other people’s thoughts and opinion and in the end I’m only person who needs to approve my own choices and decisions taking full responsibility for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.