How do you start to notice the early symptoms?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I notice from your other two posts that you would like to do volunteering work for people with dementia, so I am guessing you might be relatively young. Could I advise you to read our threads to gain better understanding of the condition or tell us more about yourself and why you want to volunteer instead of asking a question without any context to it? Most of us here are busy carers who love to help with genuine problems but don't have the time to answer random questions.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I notice from your other two posts that you would like to do volunteering work for people with dementia, so I am guessing you might be relatively young. Could I advise you to read our threads to gain better understanding of the condition or tell us more about yourself and why you want to volunteer instead of asking a question without any context to it? Most of us here are busy carers who love to help with genuine problems but don't have the time to answer random questions.
Thank you Beate. The questions might also be rather painful, I think this would be for me. Warmest, Kindred.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
What first brought your symptoms to your attention ?
If you wish to do some reading on the subject a good place is to read old threads and then move onto the AS Publications list, which is loaded with accurate and up to date information. You can find the publications list with this link https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list

You can then do some general learning about the stages of dementia from this site. The stages are very fluid and may vary from person to person but this site will give you a general idea https://www.alzinfo.org/understand-alzheimers/clinical-stages-of-alzheimers/

laurauribeb

Dec 31, 2018
Apologize, everyone , I did not mean to bother you or anyone. I should express my context before you are right. I am a product designer, I have a wide knowledge about dementia, currently working in a project to help people be aware of the early symptoms, to then be able to have an earlier diagnose.I was looking for examples of what made people aware for the first time. I am also have a geniune interest on help people somehow that is why I was also looking for volunteering work, did not meant to upset anyone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso