How do you know what stage someone's dementia is at?

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands
My husband has AD (diagnosed along with Parkinson's Disease 5 years ago) and since joining TP in August this year I have seen a lot mentioned about the various stages of dementia. I am not sure how to determine what stage my husband's is at, except to say he has been in a care home since 26th July as I could not cope anymore. He was falling over, urinating on the bathroom floor (although this could be part of his Parkinsons Disease) and his short term memory is very poor and his speech is deteriorating.

Any information anyone could give me would be really helpful.

Many thanks.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Here's a link to the US AZ website. Generally the answer is 7 stages but I find it a bit meaningless as my wife has some parts of some stages and some parts of others, it's all a bit of a generalisation I guess my wife is a 5 or 6 but knowing that doesn't benefit me in any way so I tend not to worry about it, like age it's just a number it doesn't tell you anything.
K

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands
Here's a link to the US AZ website. Generally the answer is 7 stages but I find it a bit meaningless as my wife has some parts of some stages and some parts of others, it's all a bit of a generalisation I guess my wife is a 5 or 6 but knowing that doesn't benefit me in any way so I tend not to worry about it, like age it's just a number it doesn't tell you anything.
K

Hi Kevinl could you re-send the link for the US AZ website, I couldn't it see on your reply, I am not the best techno!! Many thanks.