coventry
i know we are all going through the same
but bob has ftd its fast any help on how i adjust fast
love bel x

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Bel
we just lurch from one stage to another,always hoping that tomorrow will be a bit better than today,it useually is.
I think two things keep us going ,love and hope.
Norman

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
That is a very very difficult question to answer.

You should be able to rely on your CPN or SW. It is very hard to handle - maybe my hubby is not going downhill so quickly but it is still difficult to cope with those almost impossible days. So far I feel stronger after speaking to friends, and the most understanding of those have to be the ones who have partners suffering in a similar way. They have lived it too and seems to be on the same wavelength. Also, of course, here on TP you can get much sympathy and practical help.

(Not sure what ftd means!).

Hope you get better comments than mine. Chin up and plod on as we all do.

Best wishes Jan

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Norman said:
always hoping that tomorrow will be a bit better than today,it useually is.
Hi Bel,
I know it can all be so daunting at times, it's like you just adjust to one change and another appears. Unfortunately, I don't think you can fully prepare yourself for these changes you can only go with the flow of thing's. As Norman said; hopefully tomorrow will be better. Take Care. Taffy.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear bel, Taffy's right. You can't prepare, because with this disease you don't know what the next stage is going to be.

Alfjess is right, too. Ring your social worker, ring your CPN, tell them you're desperate. They will respond, if you let them know you're reaching crisis point, as I found out last week.

And finally, Norman's right too.

love and hope

Those are the two things that keep us going. And I know you've got both of those in abundance, bel.

Love and hugs,