How do I reregister

night owl

Apr 17, 2009
yorkshire
I need to reregister using a different user name as someone else has now joined using a name which only differs from mine by havng no space between night and owl - a recipe for confusion. However I cannot get into the site on my computer without it logging me on in my existing name giving me no option to reregister. Can anyone help, please?
Jan

night owl

Apr 17, 2009
yorkshire
Thanks Grannie G. I intend to use a different email address but how do I register this? I can't find any way of doing so. Which part fo the site do I go to and what do I fill in?
Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Jan, you have to log out (top right), and leave the forum altogether. Then when you come back on, register as a new user with a new email address. That should work, if not contact Katharine or Bruce tomorrow and they'll be able to help.

Cheers,

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Night owl

you need to be aware that anything you have already posted cannot be moved/linked to a new member name, so you will be starting from scratch.

As Hazel says, you just need to register totally anew and the process will request your new email address as a part of the things you need to enter.

nocturne

Nov 23, 2009
Yorkshrie
Thanks for the advice. I followed Skye's tip to find log out and this deleted the relevant cookie and let me reregister. As a result night owl has now become nocturne. Same theme running through the name! If I follow up on a previous post I will mention the user name change but as I have not been a prolific poster this should not be a problem.
Jan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa