1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. night owl

night owl Registered User

Apr 17, 2009
    yorkshire
    I need to reregister using a different user name as someone else has now joined using a name which only differs from mine by havng no space between night and owl - a recipe for confusion. However I cannot get into the site on my computer without it logging me on in my existing name giving me no option to reregister. Can anyone help, please?
    Jan

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    You need a new email address.

3. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
  4. night owl

night owl Registered User

Apr 17, 2009
    yorkshire
    Thanks Grannie G. I intend to use a different email address but how do I register this? I can't find any way of doing so. Which part fo the site do I go to and what do I fill in?
    Jan

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Jan, you have to log out (top right), and leave the forum altogether. Then when you come back on, register as a new user with a new email address. That should work, if not contact Katharine or Bruce tomorrow and they'll be able to help.

Cheers,

6. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Hi Night owl

you need to be aware that anything you have already posted cannot be moved/linked to a new member name, so you will be starting from scratch.

As Hazel says, you just need to register totally anew and the process will request your new email address as a part of the things you need to enter.

7. Sandy

Sandy Registered User

Mar 23, 2005
    Hi Jan,

Another option, if you're primarily concerned about confusion with another user, is to create an avatar for yourself.

An avatar is a small (50 pixels x 50 pixels max) image that will appear next to all of your postings:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/profile.php?do=editavatar

Take care,

8. nocturne

nocturne Registered User

Nov 23, 2009
    Yorkshrie
    Thanks for the advice. I followed Skye's tip to find log out and this deleted the relevant cookie and let me reregister. As a result night owl has now become nocturne. Same theme running through the name! If I follow up on a previous post I will mention the user name change but as I have not been a prolific poster this should not be a problem.
    Jan