How do i move on

Roseric

May 29, 2021
Hi i lost my mum yesterday and i am devasted.
I have followed a few threads about dementia and the people on here are incredible.
I know you have all had to deal with grief but any tips how to deal with it in the first days of passing i would be so grateful for.
We saw mum the day before and she was agitated they did give her something but i keep seeing her like that will this fade .
A day before she looked so peaceful
I would be so grateful for any advice thank you
Roseric

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry to hear your news @Roseric and can only offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.

There is no way you can be anything other than deeply distressed so soon after losing your mother. Grief such as yours needs to be experienced and recognised as such for as long as its presence is felt.

I do hope you have support and are able to share your grief with other family members.

Dementia Talking Point, Dealing with loss will be here for you as long as necessary.

Roseric

May 29, 2021
Thank you it is so hard miss her so much x
I`m so sorry to hear your news @Roseric and can only offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.

There is no way you can be anything other than deeply distressed so soon after losing your mother. Grief such as yours needs to be experienced and recognised as such for as long as its presence is felt.

I do hope you have support and are able to share your grief with other family members.

Dementia Talking Point, Dealing with loss will be here for you as long as necessary.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry for your loss @Roseric
Seeing someone who is dying from dementia can be harrowing. I stayed with mum night and day for the last three days of her life, but even so, I wasnt with her when she died as I had gone to check on my OH. My mum too had a period of agitation during that time where she was kicking off her bedding and trying to pull out her hair. One of the carers said it was called terminal agitation and part of the dying process. When I last saw her, though, she looked peaceful.

All of this is very recent and you are raw with grief. With time, as you go through the grieving process other, better, memories will surface and although you wont forget, it wont fill your mind all the time in the way it does now.
Be gentle with yourself
xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts