How do I go about getting a diagnosis?

Di08

Jun 25, 2021
Hi could i have some information plz on this condition i want to find out how i can go about diagnosing myself ?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Di08.

I’m sorry you are concerned about yourself. I think your first step should be contacting your GP and asking for a consultation with them. Perhaps it would be a good idea to write down all of the things that are concerning you and take that along to the appointment.

You might find the information in this link helpful -

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Di08
a warm welcome to DTP
whatever symptoms you may be noticing, don't go jumping to the conclusion that dementia is the cause as there are lots of other things that can have similar symptoms eg stress, depression, vitamin deficiency, even menopause and grief ...
and, honestly, it's not a good idea to try diagnosing yourself ... the internet is full of info, though there's a lot that can be misleading
so I agree, best to make a note of whatever is concerning you and go have a chat with your GP who may take some bloods for tests to check you out
and keep posting as members are supportive and understanding

Di08

Jun 25, 2021
I have other issues that i kno that r l8nked to this that wouldnt be linked to menopause or vitamins i got swallowing issues & muscular back disease wi5h could be linked to als i get so many frontal head pressure that its not like a headache & fatigued no end

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976