How did we find out about Talking Point?

How did you [COLOR=blue]first[/COLOR] hear about Talking Point?

• a relative told me

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • a friend told me

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • my doctor/consultant/hospital/social worker/etc told me

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • I used a search engine

Votes: 101 45.9%
  • it was a TV programme/newspaper/magazine

• my Alzheimer's Society branch told me

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • the Alzheimer's Society web pages told me

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • the Alzheimer's Society newsletter told me

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • an Alzheimer's Society leaflet told me

• I found out another way [if you can post a message to say how, it would help us)

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Lynne

I charge for my centrefold shots, and anyway most people would agree that anything more than my head is way too much information :eek:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Wired Cleo my dog is always trying to work out how to trun lap top on & when he does ,he love chancing the curser

Attachments

• cleo3.JPG
    cleo3.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 606

KaC

Feb 26, 2006
surrey
how did I find out about TP

KarenC said:
I was looking for information on the Alzheimer's Association (the big American organization) and Alzheimer's Society websites. In poking around the Alzheimer's Society website I came across "talking point." I had no idea what that was (is this a common British term for this type of forum?); now I'm glad I found it.

this was the same way I found TP and although I am still not sure how it all works ( I keep asking my son) or have the confidence to reply to threads etc
just in the few days I have been a member I have found comfort
and I am really glad I stumbled upon it

Karen

Last edited:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Karen

I came across "talking point." I had no idea what that was (is this a common British term for this type of forum?)
Hi Karen, and welcome

Talking Point is simply a name that the AS has given to this particular forum. They might have chosen "OverTheFence", "Chinwag", "MeetingPlace", "CarersForum" or anything that personalises the forum. I think Talking Point is a great name.

You have posted successfully, so please don't hold back if you feel the need to do so again. Messages don't have to be perfect, as you'll note from many of mine!

Blue_Gremlin

Mar 15, 2006
Morecambe, UK
How I ended up here

I was actually on the Age Concern messageboards when noelphobic posted a message to me saying I might find this site useful - so here I am, and very grateful I am too!! :)

Blue_Gremlin

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I found TP while trawling the AS site for anything to help-interestingly the CPN knew nothing about it! So-quite by accident but glad to be here!

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
ate: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:28:57 +0100 (BST)
To:
Subject: Reply to thread 'How did we find out about Talking Point?'
From: "Alzheimers Talking Point" <web@alzheimers.org.uk> View Contact Details View Contact Details

Dear Margarita,

colmcrob has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
How did we find out about Talking Point? - in the About Talking Point
members forum of Alzheimers Talking Point.

Strangely that came into my email , so I click link from my email took me to this thread &
colmcrob not even posted in hear :eek::D .

And the last post on this thread is on 30-11-2007 06:42 PM

PS Mind you nice to see my dog lol

Last edited:

jbcharlie3

Jul 20, 2008
Inverness, FL
I am new...today

I am an Activity director in a skilled nursing facility that has a locked Alzheimer's unit.
I accidently found the site while browsing the internet for ideas on activities for young people with Alzheimer's dementia. I sometimes get very lost on what to plan activity-wise for persons who are my age and younger( I am 50years old). I know what I like to do and many times what the younger person likes or liked to do is difficult to pull off in a facility where 98 percent of the population is over 75 and programs are tailored to that age group and on a limited budget.
Anyway I thought I might find others with my concerns here and I welcome suggetions...Thank you.

why my dad

Jul 22, 2008
North Wales
how did I find you?

Hi
Just googled "dementia" this evening and found you. I have posted a message but am not sure what I'm doing yet so it's probably lost somewhere obscure now. Not to worry - will keep trying.
:confused: