How can we fight this

marts1711

Oct 25, 2014
My father is in a nursing home and has dementia. They have him on Mitrazipine which we have questioned as the CPN says he hasn't got depression but its just his dementia affecting his mood. He cries all the time and is frightened. We found out on Friday that they have also put him on Zopiclone without informing us and without our consent. And considering myself and my sister have LPA;s this should not have happened. We have questioned this with the nursing home but just got shrugged shoulders.
The GP must have proscribed these drugs.
Im at my wits end with all of them.
How do I go about getting off these drugs?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Phone your Dad's GP. My late husband was in a CH and whenever the GP was called out I was informed and made sure I was there to speak to him. I could also phone the surgery at any time to express my worries. My Husband was on Zopiclone as a PRN for when he had trouble sleeping-but only when he was awake for days/nights on end.

Years ago Pete was on Mirtrazapine but with hindsight I don't think that helped him much. Shrugged shoulders are not helpful:(

Take care

Lyn T-I hope you can get some answers

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
This all sounds ridiculous. Dementia is likely to lower mood so how does Mirtazapine change anything? All this medication ever gave me when I was depressed was dreadful night sweats. Our G P advises that Zopiclone is only to be used for a week or so as it is addictive. Ask to meet the G P and seek an explanation about why this medication has been prescribed without any reference to you.