1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

How can I change my location on my profile

Discussion in 'Helpful websites' started by Rosebay, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Rosebay

Rosebay Registered User

Jul 27, 2014
    Oxfordshire
    The edit profile doesnt work on my profile so how can I change my location from Cheshire to Oxfordshire please. The contact us button at the bottom of the page also doesnt work which is why I have posting here. Thank you.

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    London
    Have you pressed "Save Changes" on Edit Profile?

3. sue38

sue38 Volunteer Moderator

Mar 6, 2007
    Wigan, Lancs
    Are you on the website or using the app?

On the full website go to My Profile at the top of the page and click on Settings. Then down the left hand side you will see a number of options - click on Edit profile. This should allow you to change your location. Then click Save changes.

If you're on the app I'll come back to you!

4. Rosebay

Rosebay Registered User

Jul 27, 2014
    Oxfordshire
    My Profile

Hi Sue I am on the web and I have clicked on settings and edit profile but it comes up with a symbol of a circle with a line crossed through it and will not lety me type anything. Are you able to change my location for me please

QUOTE=sue38;1393297]Are you on the website or using the app?

On the full website go to My Profile at the top of the page and click on Settings. Then down the left hand side you will see a number of options - click on Edit profile. This should allow you to change your location. Then click Save changes.

If you're on the app I'll come back to you![/QUOTE]

5. Rosebay

Rosebay Registered User

Jul 27, 2014
    Oxfordshire
    Done it

Sorry was on wrong page I had clicked on my name and was trying to edit it there not on the settings page. Thank you for your assistance

6. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Whatever you did worked as you're showing up as being in Oxfordshire now to me:)
    Any news on hubby being moved nearer yet?
    K