How Are You All Coping In This Weather ?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
In the 70s it was the Wombles, Paddington, Jackanory etc. Actually who remembers Mary, Mungo and Midge? My brother had the book.

MaNaAk

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I love Magic Roundabout - especially Dylan.

Our weather Is so different to yours. Yesterday was beautiful but top temperature where I am was 21. Sadly there has been devastation following the thunderstorms over Tuesday night. The worst being a rail crash which has seen the death of the driver, the conductor and a passenger. They’re saying it may have been due to a landslide caused by the torrential rain. Fortunately only 9 people were on board due to the lockdown in Aberdeen city. 6 passengers were taken to hospital but have no serious injuries. The emergency services were amazing. So sad.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
re sciatica i have mri scan last week. get results hop
Re sciatica I have had pins and needles all the way down my leg and into my foot. I also had muscle spasms in my right thigh. I use a good (private) sports physio and she fitted me in as an emergency when it flared like this. She released the trapped nerve but I had to do exercises to build up muscle and keep bones from retrapping it.
ive got to rely on nhs had mri scan last week as it doesnt usually last as long or as painful as this. get results next week. usual a relaxant would work but ive got morphine patches on and other painkillers as well. its brought me to tears and i had about 2 nights proper sleep in four weeks. as soon as im out of pain i will try the exercises which can be found under the nhs search. but thanks

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I love Magic Roundabout - especially Dylan.

Our weather Is so different to yours. Yesterday was beautiful but top temperature where I am was 21. Sadly there has been devastation following the thunderstorms over Tuesday night. The worst being a rail crash which has seen the death of the driver, the conductor and a passenger. They’re saying it may have been due to a landslide caused by the torrential rain. Fortunately only 9 people were on board due to the lockdown in Aberdeen city. 6 passengers were taken to hospital but have no serious injuries. The emergency services were amazing. So sad.

Yes I heard about that and I wonder whether they should have been running. My heart goes out to them and their relatives.

MaNaAk

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
That would be Crystal Tipps and Alistair? (Unless there's another Crystal Tipps I'm not aware of...!)
Ah. I see this has already been explained - just catching up on the posts.
Crystal Tipps was pretty bad plot-wise - not the sort of thing you looked forward to, unlike Magic Roundabout. But the really weird one was Hector's House.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Sheesh. Why do I remember these things so well? These days I can go to the shop for 4 things and forget what 2 of them were.

Doesn't bode well for my future :eek::oops:

LizzieM

May 6, 2019
Gosh, Id forgotten what a strange stream of consciousness it was.
I think everyone who was around at that time remembers the Magic Roundabout.
Try Pogle’s Wood... a faerie sprite and a squirrel- type used to water a plant with wine and the plant would tell them stories.... ?

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
Sheesh. Why do I remember these things so well? These days I can go to the shop for 4 things and forget what 2 of them were.

Doesn't bode well for my future :eek::oops:
You're doing ok if you can remember anything by the time you get to the shops. I get to the top of the stairs and have forgotten what I went up there for!

Pepp3r

May 22, 2020
....i bet they could do with a little bit of watering too MaNaAk !
its getting very humid here in the SE ...

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Try Pogle’s Wood... a faerie sprite and a squirrel- type used to water a plant with wine and the plant would tell them stories.... ?
Anyone remember the Singing Ringing Tree?

There were some very strange childrens programs around then

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
Anyone remember Catweazle who lived in a water tower? Late 60s early 70s. My brother used to think every water tower was Catweazle’s house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana8455