How Are You All Coping In This Weather ?

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
You may remember it. I’m sure it would have been repeated many times.
I preferred Roobarb and Custard personally.

Attachments

• 0DA500AD-CFD4-4797-8937-E83921F703F3.png
    0DA500AD-CFD4-4797-8937-E83921F703F3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 384

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Same here but I'm still wondering who Crystal Tipps is?

MaNaAk

Your not old enough. Crystal Tipps and Alistair. A girl famous for her purple frizzy hair and her dog cartoon from the early 70's

My hair is not purple though.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
My hair does that Crystal Tipps thing sometimes and it is normally straight and very fine. I think it might have something to do with aging :(
It is too hot even with the fan on and I can't sleep. :(:(

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im given up on sleep. pain in my back leg so thought id come down with and have a cup of tea and paracetamols. something to look forward to. not doing much today but the basics again as my husband says you only have to blink and youre sweating. this weather cant last much longer can it.

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
Crystal Tipps! That takes me back, my hair does that too. These days I find it better not to look in mirrors, that's a general rule of thumb for me rather than weather related! Mums pretty oblivious to the heat, still gets changed a gazillion times a day but as happy in a jumper as a T shirt. Today she excelled herself as whilst walking in the park she managed to remove her bra without removing her T shirt ( standard at home behaviour ) and all without me seeing until she was walking along with it dangling from her hand. After a little persuasion I managed to take it from her and stash it safely in my bag - well, safe-ish as when we got home I was chatting to a neighbour and instead of pulling out the house keys which I keep on a lanyard I managed to out mums bra.......

I like the hot weather :cool: I got the dogs a cool mat and as they won't sleep on it I have appropriated it for my own use. Great for hot weather and hot flushes!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i feel sorry for the people of sussex who havent had water since friday. must be awful, just shows need to be careful amount of water used and used for more than one purpose

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I too have been thinking about all you Carers, getting someone drinking enough fluid is so difficult At any time. I found that a trick was to say I was thirsty then drink myself. It may not work for others, it took a while but it avoided confrontation.
my beloved follow suit, no one like been told!
the lightening here was quite a show, but not much rain to show for it.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Crystal Tipps! That takes me back, my hair does that too. These days I find it better not to look in mirrors, that's a general rule of thumb for me rather than weather related! Mums pretty oblivious to the heat, still gets changed a gazillion times a day but as happy in a jumper as a T shirt. Today she excelled herself as whilst walking in the park she managed to remove her bra without removing her T shirt ( standard at home behaviour ) and all without me seeing until she was walking along with it dangling from her hand. After a little persuasion I managed to take it from her and stash it safely in my bag - well, safe-ish as when we got home I was chatting to a neighbour and instead of pulling out the house keys which I keep on a lanyard I managed to out mums bra.......

I like the hot weather :cool: I got the dogs a cool mat and as they won't sleep on it I have appropriated it for my own use. Great for hot weather and hot flushes!
:)

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Hayley JS , before she had dementia we often used to go to Italy with my mother in law. Once when the thermometer had hit 39 and we were on our way out for lunch I was in the back of the car with her. She decided she was too hot and asked me to help her take her bra off. Goodness knows what my husband and father in law in the front thought we were up to,
Not something I could do, I have much bigger boobs than her. Guess your mum thought the same
We have rain! Great except we are out for lunch later and we were hoping for an outside riverside seat.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
i feel sorry for the people of sussex who havent had water since friday. must be awful, just shows need to be careful amount of water used and used for more than one purpose

I feel for them as well but I also feel for you must be very tired. Hope you're okay. I would have been in Malaysia in the 70s so I wouldn't have known of Crystal Tiips.

MaNaAk

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I'm 52 and remember crystal tips. I grew up in the south east.

I'm on holiday in north penines when I would normally be in Brittany and it's warmer than average in Brittany.

We are in a campervan and really hot for sleeping. In France we have rear door open but the dog would get out here so we can't.

Lots of thunder which really upsets the dog and then has an unfortunate effect on her stomach.

Pretty hot for cycling and I had a moment yesterday when I had to stop and force a drinks bottle down as hadn't drunk enough at that point. My skin was going cold which I knew was a bad sign.

I'm hoping carers are plying mum with drinks. They are logging drink offered on every care call when I checked log on Sat and she is being offered lots.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Had some rain during the night - Oh, rain! Blessed rain!!
Came down this morning and everything was damp and wonderfully cool.
But the sun is shining again now and I can already feel the temperature rising........

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Re sciatica I have had pins and needles all the way down my leg and into my foot. I also had muscle spasms in my right thigh. I use a good (private) sports physio and she fitted me in as an emergency when it flared like this. She released the trapped nerve but I had to do exercises to build up muscle and keep bones from retrapping it.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
In the late sixties when somebody in the lab shouted
" BOING! BOING!"
it was an appeal for somebody to come and help with a problem.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Gosh, Id forgotten what a strange stream of consciousness it was.
I think everyone who was around at that time remembers the Magic Roundabout.