How Are You All Coping In This Weather ?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've also just had my second shower of the day and I will need my third later. This is something that we used to have to do in Malaysia.

MaNaAk

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I'm absolutely melting here in London. The flat heats up to sauna level though I keep the curtains closed. The bedroom is the coolest room, which isn't saying much but with frequent showers and a fan positioned onto me, I'm just about not dying. When I want to watch TV in the living room though, oh dear... The promised thunderstorms have still not arrived, and I have to water the plants about four times a day! I have ice-cream though as I stocked up a few months ago - all sold out right now.

cobden 28

Dec 15, 2017
I'm absolutely melting here in London. The flat heats up to sauna level though I keep the curtains closed. The bedroom is the coolest room, which isn't saying much but with frequent showers and a fan positioned onto me, I'm just about not dying. When I want to watch TV in the living room though, oh dear... The promised thunderstorms have still not arrived, and I have to water the plants about four times a day! I have ice-cream though as I stocked up a few months ago - all sold out right now.

30 degrees in my kitchen, the coolest room in my flat, and 31 degrees in the living room, even with the curtains closed to block out the sun and a fan on 24/7 . Puuting your feet in a bucket of cold water certainly helos, though.

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
It's 30°c in the coolest room now. I've just washed my hair, thinking about putting my feet in cold water though. Got the hot water bottles in the freezer to help keep cool tonight. Fan is on in living room with a tray of water in front of it and the sink is full of cold water too as it's right by the window! Waiting for these storms which are now extremely late!

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Having dad's house valued Friday and have spent most of the week cleaning the house and tidying the garden to make it look nice.

Currently swooning in a reclining chair having just bagged up a load of garden rubbish and washing his bathroom floor. I am not a pretty sight and I still have the kitchen floor and conservatory floor to do.

I have more to do tomorrow and I am praying for some rain.

I do have a nice salad and a glass of wine waiting for me at home after a shower of course.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
can i let you know its hot!! had cool shower then dried by the fan. when i sleep at night i put a towel over the pillow it seems to absorb but not come back and make your so hot. ive got hair right down my back and if i put it over the towel it seems to help. the other climb up everest is brushing it when i wash it. my husband likes going out in the shade so i make sure hes wearing a hat

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
can i let you know its hot!! had cool shower then dried by the fan. when i sleep at night i put a towel over the pillow it seems to absorb but not come back and make your so hot. ive got hair right down my back and if i put it over the towel it seems to help. the other climb up everest is brushing it when i wash it. my husband likes going out in the shade so i make sure hes wearing a hat
can i ask does anyone know what the temp does to the nerves especially leg. i have sciatica and ive tried cooling and covering but still getting what i feel like electric shocks up and down my legs. any advice would be brilliant

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I don't like the hot weather but OH really suffers, he goes all sort of vacant and distant. We went out yesterday for a few hours, sitting in the shade at my sisters place, We had to leave after 3 hrs around lunch time. Put the air con on in the car and within 15mins he was his usual bright self. The coolest room in our house is the office, but the last 2 yrs junk room suits it more. Gave it a bit a of clear out and have moved in there it's usually 5deg cooler than anywhere else indoors.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
can i ask does anyone know what the temp does to the nerves especially leg. i have sciatica and ive tried cooling and covering but still getting what i feel like electric shocks up and down my legs. any advice would be brilliant

Dear @jennifer1967,

Have you tried a foot spar? I'm not sure about nerves but I wonder if it could affect muscles in your legs. That's a good idea to have a towel on your pillow.

MaNaAk

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
The heat turns me into an old lady. (I'm 60 which - I think - is only slightly old :oops:)

My ankles swell up which makes the skin tight and my shoes don't fit and walking is uncomfortable :(

And my head sweats so my carefully straightened hair goes squirrelly ?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou Jennifer,

I hope you're okay and that you have a good night. I've been cooling off in the neighbour's garden but I need another shower before bed.

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
The heat turns me into an old lady. (I'm 60 which - I think - is only slightly old :oops:)

My ankles swell up which makes the skin tight and my shoes don't fit and walking is uncomfortable :(

And my head sweats so my carefully straightened hair goes squirrelly ?

Squirrelly I could cope with. I look like Crystal Tiipps right now, you may remember her @Jaded'n'faded

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
This hot weather makes my hair flat and floppy, I’d love curly/frizzy hair.
☺️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife