How’s this for weird ..

Razz

Oct 13, 2017
I’m currently on holiday with my mum who has dementia with Alzheimer’s. My mum has lived with me and my family for 2 years . She loves her holidays and we have been away 5 times in 1 and half years . It keeps her going knowing she is going abroad on holiday . I’m writing this to actually highlight what can happen and that I did not expect to happen and also it may give you a laugh , well
sort of. Currently I’m away with my mum in Lanzarote, we had a long day getting here and actually it is now way too much for my mum . This morning I tried to wake her and get her up for breakfast at 9 am as she had had11 hours sleep . Big mistake .. mother was very strange when I woke her . She thought she was a ghost .. she did not know her name as of course ghosts don’t have names , would not get washed and dressed as ghosts didn’t do that and she did not know who I was ... she was v delusional. I was getting g c worried she seriously thought she was a ghost . So got her back to bed , she slept for another 4 and half hours then woke up fine . All very strange ,I’ll let her wake in her own now and see dr when we get home . Been v worrying but wondered if anyone else had experienced similar ?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Razz

What a worry! My dad used to get more confused when he was tired and some days he could sleep a lot and still be tired. He never thought he was a ghost though!!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar