Houses being sold to cover costs of care! how do you avoid it?

Iainwh

Hello People,

I know there are probably loads of posts about this. but the district nurse came round today and she said that the house would have to be sold to to pay for my mothers nursing home fees when she eventually has to go into one.

She even said that you have to have signed the house over 9 years prior to getting diagnosed before it wont be considered for forced sale {Im paraphrasing}.

Hopefully its along way off yet as my mother can still talk and walk and sometimes she can even dress herself.

How do you stop this from happening. Theres no way any Commie/Fascist ******* government is forcing us to sell our home.

1. all 3 of us live here. Me Mums carer {age27}, my Mum and my Dad.

2. If my Dad signed the house over to me what would happen?

any Ideas folks?

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Iain,
Calm down. You will find discussion on various threads about this very issue.
I'll have a quick look around some other threads and come back to you.
Amy

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Right,
If you haven't done already look on the thread "Selling mum's house" where Nada posted some information and a link to a help sheet. I think you will find it useful.
Amy

purple

Feb 19, 2006
Shropshire
Hiya Iain,
I don't think they can do this if there are other people living in the house, I read something somewhere, can't remember where though, Will try and remember:eek:

purple

Feb 19, 2006
Shropshire
Thats where i saw it Scroll down on that thread, they cant do it if carer or spouse live in the house, hah one to us....;)

Iainwh

Im ready whenever you want. but I think I'll let Osama's mob start walloping the politicians before I go and buy my Guy Fawkes Mask

Attachments

• mask.jpg
    mask.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 347

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77