• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

House

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
We have a valuation on Wednesday and I still haven't apologised to my youngest brother as the elder brother wishes.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Not doing enough clearing and packing although I've been going through what needs to be kept and doing all the cleaning after they've left. The elder brother is unable to due to restrictions. I have also done shredding and clearing a lot of rubbish when they've been here and when they're not here. They haven't been affected by the memories like I have and I have enjoyed finding photos that I never knew existed and reading old letters.

MaNaAk

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Not doing enough clearing and packing although I've been going through what needs to be kept and doing all the cleaning after they've left. The elder brother is unable to due to restrictions. I have also done shredding and clearing a lot of rubbish when they've been here and when they're not here. They haven't been affected by the memories like I have and I have enjoyed finding photos that I never knew existed and reading old letters.

MaNaAk
Ah..that again...just leave that hanging and ignore!
With a valuation the house should be on the market soon providing you all agree to a realistic valuation whilst selling it for what it is worth, everything will push in the right direction house clearing etc wise as timescales will start to kick in.
Any success on looking at more flats if you have discounted the one you saw?

Last edited:

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I'm all for apologizing when there is a good reason to. You have no reason to. Shred all those silly accusations along with the waste paper!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
you have been doing that all weekend. the furniture has been clearing, books collected, just ignore it although it will be hard and carry on doing what you can. you are not superwoman

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou my friends. I've just phoned about another which has gone but after Wednesday my brothers plan to leave things on hold as they are concerned about people coming into the house with me still living here. However I can still do what I can to get the house sold and look for a flat to rent or buy (except that I will be back on Zoopla and Rightmove as soon as possible).

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou my friends. I've just phoned about another which has gone but after Wednesday my brothers plan to leave things on hold as they are concerned about people coming into the house with me still living here. However I can still do what I can to get the house sold and look for a flat to rent or buy (except that I will be back on Zoopla and Rightmove as soon as possible).

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
If you have moved out, they wont have a problem with getting on and getting it sold, will they?
Also the estate will pay utilities, insurance, council tax and there will not be any argument if an uninsured central heating system decides to have a catastrophic failure.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Please don’t take their agreement to - leave things on hold to mean you can remain in the property until they change their minds...because they will accuse you of causing them to be unable to proceed, you must realise that by how they continue to treat you?

Prolonging the inevitable won’t help in fact it’s going to cause much more trouble, I know you now realise that remaining in the house until you buy is impossible for all the reasons given in other posts, it’s just not legally doable.

Finding the right place to go for now calls for quick decisions as the market at the moment is very fast, and decent places don’t hang around.

Have you now discounted the flat you liked and had filled papers in for?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Jessbow,

Thankyou for asking my youngest brother phoned to say that the estate agent cancelled and will make an appointment when lockdown eases. Waiting to hear about two flats including one not far from where the other one was.

MaNaAk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
West Hertfordshire
The estate agent cancelled, or he cancelled the estate agent I wonder? Are they open at the moment?

Can you ring them and ask when they might consider it the right time- not the end lockdown surely?That's going to be weeks and simply something else to blame you for.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
The estate agent cancelled but I will be going past their office at some point so I'll see if there's a notice up. We've got such a high number of cases here that some of their colleagues could be ill. I will be doing some investigation of my own as I am expecting an email from my brother anyway.

MaNaAk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
West Hertfordshire
Just seems unusual for an estate agent to turn down business ( I know it unusual times but) On line viewing is still happening if they can get out and do the photo's etc.

They do lead you a merry dance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chimfa