House

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou all very much. Yes I have a lot on my mind and I am keeping an eye on the property market even in lockdown.

MaNaAk

PS: @Jessbow I hadn't heard of it either and my sister-in-law is dealing with the probate in order to cut solicitors fees. She has filled in all the tax forms and is now dealing with probate.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone

Just an update after what turned into a very stressful day and night I am updating on the situation with the house. I phoned my youngest brother to say that I had paid my share of dad's tombstone fees. He then
started talking about the house saying that he has applied for a job in another county which could start in September and he would need to move. He says he has no money coming in at the moment and I only half a dozen of my Piano and Violin pupils because of lockdown.

I live here on my own and I have gone through mum, dad and nana's stuff but very slowly because I've tried to divide my time between finding pupils on-line, housework and clearing (I am also re-calculating what I can now afford to spend on a flat). My brother says I've had two months to do this and he wants to come round next week and take things to the tip.
He would like me to move out by xmas.

I phoned my other brother to find out how far my sister-in-law had got with the on-line probate and whilst all the inheritance tax forms are now submitted they had delayed applying for probate because of lockdown. We went through finances and what I could afford at the moment is quite small but then I don't know what will happen to property prices.

I have also been thinking again about re-mortgaging so I phoned one of my building societies and they said they could consider despite my age when probate is through as a third of the house is mine.

Deeply stressed

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I forgot to say that my youngest brother is trying to buy the lease of his flat and is banking on selling this house whilst accepting this job. I assume he may sell their flat later.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes and I may ask one of my edit but I realise that at my age and with my pay it is a long shot. I have to consider that I am 55 although I feel a lot older after last night. I've also made it clear that I will do social distancing in this house when they arrive. They can't understand why I gave Easter eggs to neighbours.

MaNaAk

PS: Once again I have been that I don't seem to consider other people.

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I have been doing more clearing but I am going to phone my brother and say that I will have to put bags outside the front door for him to collect because as far as I know you can meet relatives outside including gardens but they can't come into the house. I am sorry to keep going on about this but I am very stressed.

MaNaAk