1. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    When you apply for PIP, get someone like Age UK or Citizens Advice to help you. You should fill it in as if it were the worst day from hell - it is very easy to underestimate his condition. If you dont get it then appeal.

Once he gets PIP then you can apply for Carers Allowance if you are eaning less than £123 a week

2. fairy62

fairy62 Registered User

Aug 15, 2019
    Thank you for the Advice . Much appreciated

3. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
  4. fairy62

fairy62 Registered User

Aug 15, 2019
    Not doing too bad , that saying my husband keeps saying he wants to go home . He thought he had been working today . How do I reassure him that he actually at home .he thinks he’s somewhere else

5. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Not easy that one!
    Distraction techniques maybe?
    Food & drink always work for Mum & Dad.
    Mum can be tempted by anything sweet, easy distraction but loops back at some point.

6. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Dad talks about work, he’s in Care home! His reality varies & I just humour him by saying how was work. Dad usually then goes off on another topic. It must be so hard for you caring for your husband.
    I used to point out a photo or picture that Dad recognised, & say wherever that photo / picture was, was home.
    Take care
    Always around to listen
    X

7. fairy62

fairy62 Registered User

Aug 15, 2019
    Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply . This is such a lovely forum to come on . So helpful and caring .

8. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Hugs
    Xx