1. Mrs M C

Mrs M C New member

Wednesday
    Hi everyone, my mum was diagnosed with mixed dementia earlier in the year and I was wondering whether anyone knows if we are obliged to notify her house insurance about this please?
    She also has a key safe and I read somewhere that I need to let them know about this. Is this correct?
    Thanks in advance x

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  3. nae sporran

nae sporran Volunteer Host

Oct 29, 2014
    Male
    Bristol
    Welcome to the forums @Mrs M C. I'm not sure about house insurance, we never decalred is and probably should have. Best to speak to your local Police Station though. I forget the name of the one we had in out old house, we are in care housing flat now, and there is only one they recommend.

4. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  5. Sirena

Sirena Registered User

Feb 27, 2018
    Female
    I didn't occur to me to tell my mother's insurers she had dementia - maybe I should have (she's now in a CH so that is no longer an issue). She had a key safe for the last few months too, it was provided by the council so she got whatever they supplied.

I thought of getting a key safe for us (for a spare key) but the reviews I've read say they are really easy to bypass so I decided against. Thank you for the link Nitram, that one looks a lot more secure, if expensive.