Hot weather problems

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
Thank goodness it's cooler today! During the extremely hot weather,whenever I left a room having opened the window my husband who has V.D.insisted on closing them.Either because someone may break in(we're in a 1st floor flat) or he was feeling a draught.It drove me potty but it wasn't worth arguing about it so I just open them again just slightly,hoping he won't notice.I wonder sometimes if he's aware of how hot it was,and maybe it's one of the usual effects of dementia.Has anyone else experienced this?

Beenie

Jan 14, 2013
Surrey
I completely understand you! I have had an awful time with my uncle and draughts! I tried just opening the top windows as he can't reach them but he made such a fuss I had to close them, he also refused to get in the car if the air con was on! I've seriously thought about making him wear a scarf so I can get some air into the house! So yes! I am experiencing this with you, it really doesn't help with my patience levals when I'm so hot I can't breathe! We'll just have to keep hoping for cooler weather.

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
Yes, when i went to stay with my parents last week mum (who has advanced AD) was sitting with dad in a house with all the windows shut absolutely boiling hot. Dad had a fan which he put on at one point but mum said she was cold.
Dad said that it was best not to open the windows because it lets the warm air in. He had heard that on the radio.....

And we had a full roast dinner.

I am going again on Wednesday for 3 nights, I really hope it's got chilly by then.

Grandma Joan

Mar 29, 2013
Wiltshire
My Dad also feels the cold. Has worn a jumper through most of this hot weather. He has suffered 2 heart attacks so I'm pretty sure it's the tablets he's on (maybe the beta blockers)?

zelana

Feb 11, 2013
N E Lincs
They may actually be feeling cold.

We tend to think of dementia as affecting memory but I think there's more to it than that. I'm new to Alzheimers as Mum was diagnosed earlier this year but my daughter has had M.E for 12 years and I have been surprised by some of the similarities. With M.E symptoms vary depending on what part of the brain is affected. My daughter has problems with her body temperature control. When she feels cold it has nothing to do with the temperature around her. Her brain is somehow sending the wrong signals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar