1. AnneED

AnneED Registered User

Feb 19, 2012
    East Yorkshire UK
    Mum has a carer at lunchtime and tea time who heats up a Wiltshire Farms Foods meal and pud for lunch and makes a salad or sandwich and trifle or similar for tea. These are not bad options - mum likes them (there are a wide range on the menu) and she can have dishes she likes in sizes she can manage. They look good on the plate, especially the school puds! The carer serves them out at the dining table usually, and makes sure that they are eaten if she can, (the only leftovers are usually bread crusts which mum hides in her chair!) as well as making sure mum has a drink (or more than one if possible). This is mostly 7 days a week so it's not cheap but it works well as there is no-one nearby to help. I know mum's nutrition has been far better since this started and when we are there we take her to eat out quite often and she eats well then too. Not for everyone but it suits mum.

2. Wilkins

Wilkins Registered User

Jul 13, 2011
    London
    Hi Claire,
    My father gets Meals on Wheels 7 days a week and enjoys them. They are delivered hot and ready to eat at lunchtime, although my father often leaves his until the evening to eat. He can choose from various menu options each month and the people doing the delivery always come in and check that he is OK, which is helpful. So I would recommend Meals on Wheels: I think they are available in most places.
    Best wishes and good luck!

3. Leo63

Leo63 Registered User

Oct 18, 2012
    Derbyshire
    Rvs?

Try the Royal Voluntary Service- even if they don't deliver they should be able to tell you who does!

4. secondtimeround

secondtimeround Registered User

Sep 1, 2014
    London
    Have you tried Apetito? It's part of Wiltshire Farm Foods and they do hot food. They provide the meals at the care home my aunt is now in, I've tried some and it's fine. I never managed to get my aunt to accept them while she was still living on her own but that's another story.

5. its a struggle

its a struggle Registered User

Advert on TV / Radio for restaurant home deliveries!

There have been ads recently on TV & Radio for food deliveries from local eateries.

Not endorsing the site, & I have no connection with company or any food outlets mentioned - web address copied for info. Of course this may not be suitable, but perhaps another avenue to try.

http://www.just-eat.co.uk/

6. flutterbi

flutterbi Registered User

Jul 18, 2015
    Hi Claire not sure where you are, but my dad used a company called My Chef run by a company called BMC community meals, (they have a website but as I am new I cannot post the url for you) and they delivered a hot meal every day, even Christmas day when I was unable to go due to being ill. I paid the bill for him every month. They even texted me to say the meal had been delivered and also texted me if dad was not seeming well. Sadly he has moved into a care home now so no longer uses them.