Hot meal delivery in Lewisham

TLW

Sep 6, 2012
Does anyone know of hot meal delivery in Lewisham (not take-away). Apetito don't cover Lewisham, Oakhouse and Wiltshire are frozen and require cooking. My father, who has Alzheimer's, exists on mostly out-of-date sandwiches and Weetabix. He can't operate the cooker or microwave safely. He doesn't like typical take-aways (Chinese and Indian foods, Pizza etc) so it is no good me arranging delivery of a take-away. I live 200 miles away so can't easily provide food daily (I can visit twice a week only). This diet makes him ill as he doesn't heed the best-before dates (and being almost blind can't see them) and seems to have no sense of taste and smell which enables him to eat very dodgy sandwiches. He gets through mountains of Weetabix but such a restricted diet can't be good. Any suggestions?

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Try contacting Lewisham council again - Lewisham says that Apetito do provide 'meals on wheels', so they may be available even if you don't require any other services from Lewisham council.

http://www.lewishammylifemychoice.o...-at-home/preparing-meals/meals-on-wheels.aspx

Or you could contact Apetito direct and see whether you could come to an arrangement:

http://www.mealsonwheels.info/?gclid=CI_3z-vU6LMCFaTKtAod2jcAag

PS: I should have mentioned that if you do go with Apetito, and if you do want to make sure the bill doesn't get handed to your Dad, you will need to stress that one when you set up the arrangement.

Last edited:

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
I, too, would urge you to contact Lewisham SS and tell them exactly what you have told us. In our borough I think they are trying to move away from the traditional meals on wheels to the frozen ready meals but that is not suitable for everyone so would hope there is an alternative.

TLW

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks

Thanks for all your comments. I'll contact Apitito directly, perhaps their website is not up to date in saying it doesn't cover Lewisham.