Hosts Meeting Agenda

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Just thought I'd start a thread for this - for when we can all get together for our Meeting....... Please contribute!

Introductions
Resources Thread - reshuffle if required
Stress/Anger Management - Fact Sheet or Thread?
New Joining Members to declare their interest in Talking Point
Scenarios and Reactions
Initial Software Guide
Moderators Concerns - Responsibilities, etc
TP Flyer and Compliment Slip
Private Messages
Chris as Resources Host?
Optimal Number of Hosts
Caring as a Small Business
Advertising/Charity Promotions
Any Other Stuff

Last edited:

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Jude,

Great ideas and funnily enough I was thinking along the same lines this weekend. I've added a new item to the list - hope you are OK with us putting some thoughts together Nada, I'm sure you have plenty of other ideas and questions.

1. Introductions
2. Resources Thread - reshuffle if required
3. Stress/Anger Management - Fact Sheet or Thread?
4. New Joining Members to declare their interest in Talking Point
5. New joining members to declare their interest in Alxheimer's talking point

6. Scenarios and reactions? I think it would be worthwhile discussing some possible scenarios that we may experience as moderators and discuss (and hopefully agree) how we should react. I was thinking along the lines of more serious delicate subjects. For example:

a. Member is desperate and suicidal.
b. Member gives out their personal details.
c. Member is agressive or uses foul language toward another member.
d. Member discusses euthanasia.
e. And more hopefully....

7. Discuss putting together a Talking Point Start Up guide to help new users get the most of the forum software. I don't mind writing an producing the guide, just need some ideas on what it should contain. Crikes, I've given myself an action point already :)

8. Concerns - do any of the moderators have any concerns or questions regarding the moderating responsibilies.

Kind Regards
Craig

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Craig,

f] Member wishes to dismember both parents - [basic surgery for beginners package.......]

No, seriously!!! Thanks for the info Craig. I'm just keeping a tally on the first post here. Hope I've got everything to date.

Jude

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Latest list....one more point added at end.

1. Introductions

6. Scenarios and reactions? I think it would be worthwhile discussing some possible scenarios that we may experience as moderators and discuss (and hopefully agree) how we should react. I was thinking along the lines of more serious delicate subjects. For example:

7. Discuss putting together a Talking Point Start Up guide to help new users get the most of the forum software. I don't mind writing an producing the guide, just need some ideas on what it should contain. Crikes, I've given myself an action point already :)

8. Concerns - do any of the moderators have any concerns or questions regarding the moderating responsibilies.

9. Discuss producing a more comprehensive flyer and compliment slip for TP (e.g. Mental heath teams/hospitals/consultants etc ,to place on their notice boards.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Just to let you know that Carole and Glyn [carers] will be away from 27 Sept until 13 October. I'll be a bit hampered by this, but still can make a meeting if it's not too far away and during a morning.

Sorry, Jude

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
I'm fine to leave it until after the 13th October.

Nada, do you want to throw a few dates at us and see if we can all get together. I'm assuming it may be best if we all come to you?

thanks
Craig

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Nada
It does seem at this stage that I will be unable to make a meeting, and of course you must go ahead without me,no one person is indispesable.
If I cannot attend meetings would you rather that I stood down as a moderator/host?
However when I know the date and venue I will see who I can recruit to mind Peg
Best wishes
Norman

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Norman,

We will probably have a meeting once in a blue moon, if we can all get it together to meet on a specific day, depending upon damage control at home...

You're on the site every day as a Host... WE NEED YOU...!!!

Jude xx

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Norman,

I'm sure that we all won't be able to attend every meeting in the future, and its not a prerequisite for being a moderator/host!

It's just a chance for us all to get together and bash a few ideas around. Will be great if you could come along, but we all understand your circumstances. If it's difficult for you to come along, no worries at all.

I'm also sure that we will post details of anything we have discussed so you can throw us some feedback if you like.

Kind Regards
Craig

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Craig
Nada of course has my home address and if I am unable to make a meeting perhaps she would post a copy of the minutes to me.
best wishes
Norman

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Nada,

What a great idea! That way, Norman will be able to participate too.

By the way, I don't expect you to ring me in Bali if you have meetings when I'm o/seas....

Jude

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Jude,

When you are overseas I'm hoping that Nada will move the meeting to you :)....

Kind Regards
Craig

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Well we can dream...
I have added another subject to the agenda (Point 10.):

Latest list....one more point added at end.

1. Introductions

9. Discuss producing a more comprehensive flyer and compliment slip for TP (e.g. Mental heath teams/hospitals/consultants etc ,to place on their notice boards.

10. Discuss providing members guidance/ettiquete for private messaging. (e.g. You do not have to answer a private message. If you are sent an offensive private message, please contact the host who will be happy to deal with the situation etc.)

11. Discuss number of Hosts. Do we need more hosts, will this become difficult to manage ... etc

Last edited:

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Thats a really good idea Nada. I hope to make it, I'm on an op list and have the pre op consultation at the beginning of Oct. but not a clue yet when I will be hospitalised etc. Love She. XX

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Another day that week would be better for me.

Yesterday I did a preliminary 'sign-up' at the local Job Centre. Had to sign all sorts of agreements and targets for calls to employers etc, and also agree to a meeting each 2 weeks. Tuesday 19th is one of those dates.

Now I will probably have jumped ship on the jobs front by then as I don't have time to go searching for jobs I have no intention of taking. I only signed up to try and claw back some of the taxes I have paid over the past 38 years! Jan's situation has made me the subject of a medical condition I have called 'normal job intolerant', and there is no known cure. I just don't have the patience for normal business any more.

So... would another day in the week beginning 18 October [that day is Jan's birthday, by the way] be possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet