Hospitals

pete kelly

Jan 14, 2010
Sunny South Devon near Torbay
Please don't class all hospitals as bad or not caring. 9 weeks ago i placed what was to be my final tag about my Susie, who was so ravaged by A.D she had to be admitted to a mental assessment hospital in Newton Abbot, Devon where we live,prior to this our consultant was the most caring gentle person to my Susie, he visited her every week for at least 10 weeks sat and spent ages with her trying to help her,the hospital and all the staff has shown her such love,care,consideration,she has a nurse with her 24 hours a day,the consultant spends time discussing their care plan and medications with me,we know her time is limited, yet they do not give up on trying to make her as comfortable as they possibly can, we could not wish for or get any better level of care anywhere. If anyone one has concerns about the help they need or service they require they must speak up to the correct people,there is always someone in the N.H.S who has to be answerable to any problems

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi Pete
I'm so glad Susie is receiving the care she deserves, and you are right, there are hospitals and people out there who do a sterling job. My MIL is in a wonderful care facility here in Australia and we couldn't be happier with her nursing, personal, and mental care.
But... I'm afraid there are places out there that are atrocious and you are right, someone has to be answerable for that.
Best wishes
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Pete, that is so reassuring that your Susie has had such wonderful treatment. I think those people here who speak up for poor hospital treatment do so because it is exactly this gold standard that they want for their loved ones.

I hardly spoke to my mother's consultant when she was in hospital, hardly saw a doctor, some of the nursing staff had very bad bedside manners, my Mum was left on a bedpan all afternoon and they didn't monitor her hydration levels, the night staff mocked her fears, they closed the door on her when she shouted and screamed and I wasn't told she was dying. It took nearly a year of complaints to get the apology and the pledge to change things.

It is wonderful to hear of good experiences of care - thanks for sharing your experience.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Pete
Its so good to hear Susie has such good care
It must go s long way in helping you as well

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynt68