• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Hospital

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
The rehab ward just called, they say she is not improving and not reacting whith the physios, her memory score was only 30 and she seems more confused. They have taken more bloods to see if there is any infection and want to do another CT scan to see if they have missed anything.
They said her case worker from the ss is going to call me on Thursday to talk about the long term care, they also said in their opinion she would not be able to be cared for at home in her present condition needing two carers and a full body sling to move her.
I have a garden visit booked for tonight at 6pm so I will see how she is, I had thought the last two visits she seemed more confused than at the first one.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Had the garden visit, she was agitated not wanting to speak until the carer left then she started rambling on about some plot to shoot me or if not me her. I tried to calm her down but the whole visit was about that or she was playing with the straps of the body sling she was sitting on, at one point she thought they were the straps of her handbag.
It was one of the longest 30 minutes I have spent, don't know if it's because it was 6pm, my other visits have been 1:30 or 2:30 or she is getting worse.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry the visit was difficult. It could well be because the visit was later and she was sundowning. When I used to visit mum (long before lockdown) I always made sure I left well before 4.00pm because she was always much more confused in the late afternoon/evening

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I had visits with my mum like that when she was in hospital. I couldn't say or do anything to sooth her fears or stop her trying to pull drips out. I was never able to get to an earlier visit because of work but others said she was better earlier...and I bet she got those drips out the minute I left...

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
The result of the bloods was ok, I got a letter from the hospital about the time of the CT scan for next week so I called the care home, they said they had just called the hospital and found out that way and that they will kep her in the rehab ward until they know the result of the scan (it's for the thorax and abdomen). I told them the last time she went for an MRI scan she got agitated and refused to get out of the wheelchair.
Tried to get a garden visit for today but the soonest is Tuesday.