hospital campaign

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I used to work for a local hospital radio station. We all had to wear identification tags to provide the patients and staff with our names. Staff wore their own versions of these name badges as well. Everyone in these kindsof jobs countrywide should have them.

Do they not wear them everywhere?

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I used to work for a local hospital radio station. We all had to wear identification tags to provide the patients and staff with our names. Staff wore their own versions of these name badges as well. Everyone in these kindsof jobs countrywide should have them.

Do they not wear them everywhere?

Some do, but you can't beat a little time to chat and introduce yourself. My partner hates to feel like a nuisance and a wee personal touch is reassuring.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
To me its the basis of any Dr/nurse to patient relationship and so sad that it has been eroded away so is no longer the norm:( We always had to wear badges too but never assumed patients had to read it to find out who you were, a useful reminder for the patient though after the initial introduction as was the patient's name above the bed useful for the staff.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Some do, but you can't beat a little time to chat and introduce yourself. My partner hates to feel like a nuisance and a wee personal touch is reassuring.

There was once a hospital we called the West Norwich. It was awesome in there. I'm going back easily 27 years ago, and was having tests, and later, operations for cataracts. In those days, each patient got their own Named Nurse. Mine was Michelle. She was lovely :) Next time I went in, for the second op', she'd become a Sister! She remembered me straight away.

Wonder if anywhere has this any more? It was such a comfort, being tucked away in our own small part of that hospital. Comfortable wards; fantastic nurses and doctors and some of the best eye surgeons anywhere. We even had our own operating theatres, not used by, or for, anyone else.

One patient had to have her eye totally rebuilt. Whoever helped her saved her sight. What a fantastic place and good, good memories.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Is that the same as the west Norfolk ? I seem to remember OH going there to see the urologist ( I think) cos they were the best!
We were fortunate that we lived between Ipswich and Norwich and gp would send you to the best one for your speciality. Though I once remember being sent to Ipswich cos the parking was better!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Is that the same as the west Norfolk ?

D'ya know what, Spamar? I really can't remember. Back in those days, Norwich had at least two hospitals, and I've been in both of them for op's. That was before the huge hospital was eventually built.I never needed to go there for anything. Hubby went in the big hospital for something, many years ago. Can't remember what for, now!

Back in the late 80's, we still had the Norfolk & Norwich and West Norwich hospitals

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Oh yes, you're right. I do remember when there were two hospitals and the parking situation. A friend was in the one near the city centre for a while. I've been to the new hospital several times for ops, also what was the BUPA hospital. I used to go to UEA, so I'm ok with that side of Norwich. Nowadays it's a 2 hour journey, so don't bother!