hospital assessment?

krissymc

Sep 24, 2012
my mum has vascular dementia has been in CH for a year and everything was fine until a fortnight ago when she refused food and water, they sent her to hospital, she has been stuck in a side ward, where nobody seem to care, they tried her on a drip but she just rips it out, they have now said there is nothing they can do, they have done lots of test, bloods, x rays and everything came back negative. Now her care home are sending somebody to assess her before they will deceide if she is allowed to go back. She is so scared and distressed because the ward she is on has different staff every day. My question is what will the assesment entail and if they dont take her back what are the options, I dont want her to die in hospital.:(

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Hi, just noticed that you have not had any replies so am bumping you up to the top, sorry I have no experience of this so can not advise. I am sure there will be someone on here who can help you. best wishes xx

Ange

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Your poor mum. That sounds a dreadful situation I have no experience of this because we don't have it in Scotland but I wondered if PALS could help you while your mum is in hospital.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1082.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=153

I thought perhaps you could talk your mum's hospital care through with them. I don't know if they would be able to advise re the assessment but it might be worth a try.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The home may be treating her as a new applicant and doing their standard assessment of care needs.

Basically what level of care will she need, is she aggressive, does she need nursing care, does she need one to one care,..

May seem a bit over the top but the last thing anybody wants is for her to be placed in a home that cannot cope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba