Hospital Assessment " Care "?????

suptowngirl

Sep 19, 2005
Staffordshire
Hi All,
Thank you to all who replied to my last posting.
Just to update about my moms care.

We have got her out of that DREADFUL assessment hospital as last Thursday we had a call to say that they thought mom's arm was broken, we had to take her for x rays because her arm was very very swollen and very bruised. AGAIN no-one knew how she had done it.
Mom of course couldn't tell us.

One carer said they thought she had got it shut in a door but that would have been impossible for her to do on her own.
Thank God it wasn't broken but it has left it damaged and it is black with bruising.

The doctor said he also was beginning to think bad things in his heart and he was doing his best to get mom out as soon as he could.

Mom went into her new care home on Wednesday and I am very pleased to see her smiling again, she looks happy now.

Her new home is lovely and the staff are really genuine caring people.

I dread to think what could have happened to my mom if we hadn't spoken up. Some people don't.

We have watched the patients deteriorate daily in that dreadful place and it seems we were the only family to have spoken out.

I only hope that the Professor keeps to his word and closes that ward as he said he would. For the sakes of the patients left in there.

He kept his word to us and got mom out as soon as he could .

I am grateful to him for that, he probably saved her life.

Thanks to all
Suptowngirl

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
So glad that your Mum is now safe and in a nice place. What a dreadful ordeal she and all of you have been subjected to! Thank goodness for people like you who do speak up - it is the only way to help things change for the better. Now let us hope the Professor can achieve his aim.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Congratulations on getting your mum transferred. The NH sounds lovely, and you'll feel so much better knowing she's being properly cared for.

Well done for speaking out. It's the only way to get things changed.

Good luck,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so pleased yours and your mum`s ordeals are over. I hope she`ll have time to recover, now she`s in a caring environment, and you`ll be able to relax.

Well done for speaking up. Not only have you helped your mother, but you will have helped others too, in particular those who have no-one to speak for them.

Take care

Love xx