Hospital again do to water retenshiom

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
My ho as not weed for 3 day stomach sweld up in hospital got cafeteria fired told his pros ate in larger and cafeteria is permanent having kidney scan and bladder tomorrow .he still not peeing .as engine else had this problem

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @vannesser
My OH has a permanent catheter too. He is completely unable to pass urine. He was originally told that it was due to his prostate, but after tests he was discovered to have a paralysed bladder. OH has had a permanent catheter for about 18 months now

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Hi @vannesser
My OH has a permanent catheter too. He is completely unable to pass urine. He was originally told that it was due to his prostate, but after tests he was discovered to have a paralysed bladder. OH has had a permanent catheter for about 18

Hi @vannesser
My OH has a permanent catheter too. He is completely unable to pass urine. He was originally told that it was due to his prostate, but after tests he was discovered to have a paralysed bladder. OH has had a permanent catheter for about 18 months now
Thank you for reply can you tell me how changes it and do district nurse come in
I all ready have cares come in to chang his pads and dress /and undress for bed with him being bed bound
I not shoure how there going to be able to put pads on with him having a tube up ,

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @vannesser
My OH has a bag attached to his leg and a night bag that fits to the bottom of the leg bag, but if your OH is bed-bound he might only have one bag which goes on a little stand. OHs carers change the leg bag once a week. I fit and remove the night bag, but I could get the carers to do that too.

He has district nurses come in every 12 weeks to change the whole catheter, although they will come in sooner if there are problems.

OH does not need pads as he is not (yet) incontinent, but some of the carers have assumed that he needs pads too, so they must be used to it. Im sure they will know how to fit pads around a catheter.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
My OH has pads as well as a catheter because he is bowel incontinent too. He just wears them during the day as he normally would, the catheter pipe simply comes out the side from underneath the pad to his leg bag.
OH bags are changed once a week by the carers (tho' some bags are renewed every day, it depends on what the medical team decide is best) and his catheter every 9 weeks because he was getting infections around the the 10 -11 week mark. This is done by the community nurses.
It should all be explained to you @vannesser

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
My OH has pads as well as a catheter because he is bowel incontinent too. He just wears them during the day as he normally would, the catheter pipe simply comes out the side from underneath the pad to his leg bag.
OH bags are changed once a week by the carers (tho' some bags are renewed every day, it depends on what the medical team decide is best) and his catheter every 9 weeks because he was getting infections around the the 10 -11 week mark. This is done by the community nurses.
It should all be explained to you @vannesser
Thank you .nurse said it be straps to leg.he bed bound

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Maybe its time to reonsider care now, going to be a lot for yu to cope with, especilly if he messes about with it