Hospital Admission & unable to go with OH

loona

Dec 19, 2016
What a worrying time for everyone
My OH,who is 81years old was admitted to hospital Friday evening & i was not allowed to go with him. Told that the hospital would contact me to update.
Rang at midday Saturday & was told that he was stable. i do not know if he was tested for Covid -19 as he did have some of the main symptoms
Tried to phone today with no success.....Phone unanswered & alternative number was always engaged
I know that they are under a lot of pressure in this awful situation but not knowing how he is doing is really worrying.
He is unable to communicate along with several other health problems & must be really confused as to what is happeneing to him & why nobody has visited
The fact that it has now been said that they will be prioritising who gets ventilators is very concerning especially as there is a DNR in place
im just hoping that no news is good news

Stay safe everyone

Sunshine2*

May 16, 2019
What a worrying time for everyone
My OH,who is 81years old was admitted to hospital Friday evening & i was not allowed to go with him. Told that the hospital would contact me to update.
Rang at midday Saturday & was told that he was stable. i do not know if he was tested for Covid -19 as he did have some of the main symptoms
Tried to phone today with no success.....Phone unanswered & alternative number was always engaged
I know that they are under a lot of pressure in this awful situation but not knowing how he is doing is really worrying.
He is unable to communicate along with several other health problems & must be really confused as to what is happeneing to him & why nobody has visited
The fact that it has now been said that they will be prioritising who gets ventilators is very concerning especially as there is a DNR in place
im just hoping that no news is good news

Stay safe everyone
Hello, My husband was recently in hospital and I couldn’t get through during the day, so I called around 9pm. You may be able to get some help then? Best Wishes.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
So sorry I have had the same last week, nerve wracking feeling so helpless.
My is not back in Carehome, but on 14 days isolation from the rest. Take care. X

loona

Dec 19, 2016
MY husband is on the mend. The hospital finally contacted me at 9pm last night.
They are moving him to a quieter ward.

My mind is a bit more at ease & i'll be glad when he is back home
Thanks for all of your supportive replies

Stay safe
Loona

loona

Dec 19, 2016
Great news......my OH should be coming home today all being well
Patient transport coming to assess our access as space is limited

Fingers crossed all goes well.
Thanks to you all & stay safe