horrendous cold

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Poor husband is almost certainly starting a chest infection, the worrying thing being that his swallowing is already compromised. Also can't cough easily.
Any hints on food and ways of helping to keep his lungs moving?

Adored dog is improving rapidly. Bit like a drunken sailor but a lot better already. She is a lot less trouble than husband it has to be said!

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Poor husband is almost certainly starting a chest infection, the worrying thing being that his swallowing is already compromised. Also can't cough easily.

Adored dog is improving rapidly. Bit like a drunken sailor but a lot better already. She is a lot less trouble than husband it has to be said!

Sorry to hear your husband is so poorly bemused. Haven't got any advice but wanted to say I'm thinking off you . Glad lovely dog is improving xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Hiya,

My cat, Tilly-she also had a bad case of the "drunken sailor kitten" as well, just two weeks ago! She's had this twice now. In both cases, antibiotics and a steroid injection helped. Though-I do wonder if it would go away on it's own?

It's VERY scary when you see them falling over though! x

Glad your little guy is doing better!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Difficult to say benrese. This is not an infection,its a disruption of the inner ear/brain connection and does almost always resolve itself. Quite common in older dogs and all you can do is reassure and pick up when necessary. Cats I don't know about, perhaps it is not as common as in dogs

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Golly bemused - hope your hubby is getting better and you too! At least, miserable as it is, I only have myself to worry about, and can relax about William's care. This cough does seem to hang on and on! I've been doing steam inhalations with Friar's Balsam for the laryngitis bit - it helps with the cough & cold symptoms too. Not sure you could get your husband to manage that though? And I got a bottle of the cough syrup I used to use for William today from the health shop. It's Vogel's "Bronchosan", which is based on Spruce extract. It's very nice to take and we always found it very good, so I'm hoping! And importantly, it doesn't interfere with any other medications.